Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Hi, I'm new here but have been reading for a while.

A few things don't add up to me.

One, if claims of being over sedated or overdosed are true, where did the blood come from? There were even claims in the press this morning that the PJ found blood in a neighbouring apartment, suggesting the body (if she's dead) was moved there.

Two, if the McCanns had hidden her body so well for at least 25days after the abduction, so well nobody found it during all the intensive searches. Then why bother moving it again?

Also IF they moved Maddy's dead body surely they had her well wrapped up in something, if so how did all that hair and body fluids leak out?

I'm sorry but I have to say I think you are totally wrong. If a full profile is generated which dioesn't match on all alelles then no DNA lab would call that a partial match - it is clearly not a match as (using your example of 7 locations) 3 locations are different. It is in no way that person's DNA.

You may well be right. It just seems to me that "some parts match but some do not" is significantly different from "no match," and probably has SOME term to refer to it. It clearly is not a match - you're entirely right on that point - but it's a useful finding.

One, if claims of being over sedated or overdosed are true, where did the blood come from? There were even claims in the press this morning that the PJ found blood in a neighbouring apartment, suggesting the body (if she's dead) was moved there.

Two, if the McCanns had hidden her body so well for at least 25days after the abduction, so well nobody found it during all the intensive searches. Then why bother moving it again?

Also IF they moved Maddy's dead body surely they had her well wrapped up in something, if so how did all that hair and body fluids leak out?

On your second point, Dublingirl, I'd say that just because a hiding place was adequate for 3-4 weeks doesn't mean that it would have been safe/satisfactory on a permanent basis.

Your first and third points do raise some valid doubts, however. The presence of blood doesn't sit easily with an overdose theory. And you would have thought that a body would have been kept well wrapped up when moving it: unless, perhaps, the move had to be done hurriedly.

You may well be right. It just seems to me that "some parts match but some do not" is significantly different from "no match," and probably has SOME term to refer to it. It clearly is not a match - you're entirely right on that point - but it's a useful finding.

The differentiation comes in in that it is a partial match, not a full match, but still a match, this can only happen if a full profile can't be used.

I'm not sure how useful a finding that a dead body was in the car, that may well be related to Madeline, but isn't madeline would be in this case...

Perhaps it needs taking with a pinch of salt what they are releasing about the contents of kates diary.I cant believe even the portugese police would make it public so soon they have only just got hold of it themselves.

I think everything in this case needs taking with a pinch of salt!! The mystery does make it all so interesting though, I think as human beings we can't help but want to interpret some kind of explanation.

The women who was the McCann's upstairs neighbour denies ever saying what the papers have quoted her as saying. She said that she heard a child crying earlier in the afternoon.

Just one of the big problems about knowing what to believe - there's so many contradictory reports in the press about what people have/haven't said - how do we know whether any of it is true?:huh:

The differentiation comes in in that it is a partial match, not a full match, but still a match, this can only happen if a full profile can't be used.

I'm not sure how useful a finding that a dead body was in the car, that may well be related to Madeline, but isn't madeline would be in this case...

Madeleine would share a partial DNA with her brother and sister.

Madeleine would share a partial DNA with her brother and sister.

Yes she would... but a DNA lab would not call a full profile which partially matches madeline a partial match - that is not match.

One would also imaguine that the twins DNA will have been taken for elimination (in fact I'd be pretty damn sure about it as it was a british lab doing the work) and had the partial profile matched them also, the evidence may well have been discounted unless there were very good grounds for it not to have come from them. A partial profile which could be Madeline but also could be the twins is far too weak for use in court.

is that right?

case closed if it is...just 'interview' the mccanns till they crack, surely?

Who can tell J.B? We only have the word of the press who get their info from Portugese 'leaks'.

Still it's often a case of 'Not letting the truth get in the way of a good story' with the press, innit?

Regarding the D.N.A. a partial link is all that is ever obtained from a tissue sample. As with finger printing, a desired number of 'hits' are required.

As for the origin of blood, 'Angle20', isn't it 'body fluids' they have found rather than blood? But even if it is blood it isn't necessarily resulting from external injuries. Internal bleeding could well result from an overdose - followed by vomitting. It all makes me shudder.

As for the origin of blood, 'Angle20', isn't it 'body fluids' they have found rather than blood? But even if it is blood it isn't necessarily resulting from external injuries. Internal bleeding could well result from an overdose - followed by vomitting. It all makes me shudder.

Indeed. There has been mention of blood splatters in the apartment.

Archived