Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

That is untrue. From the very first day some people were very critical and prepared to aportion at least some of the blame on the McCanns, and it has continued throughout.

It is the case that were critical comments from the beginning about the wisdom or morality of leaving children in a hotel bedroom on their own. As an aside, the McCanns can't have been the first (or last) parents to do this: it's a judgement around the number and ages of the children, whether there are any health or behavioural problems, and how long and far way the parents will be.

The point I was making, however, was about sympathy in terms of accepting the scenario of an abduction - as opposed to the later emergence of a suspicion that the parents may have been suggesting things which are not true.

I think a lot of the problems with the arguments on here is because people,especially women cant believe that a mother would do anything to harm her own children,its completley against a mothers natural instincts,and when anything happens to suggest otherwise their natural instinct is to defend the mother,sadly it does happen.

Now I dont profess to know what happened that night in Portugal and to be perfectly honest I dont think anybody ever will,this case will die a death simply for the lack of proof,if the McCanns are guilty of any involvement they have to live with that,in that respect they are going to be have be mentally strong for the rest of their lives.

I personally think,along with hundreds of other people,that they know more about the girls disappearance than they are admitting,that is my view and I am entitled to it.As far as Im concerned the only way I will change that view is if somebody other than the McCanns actually either admits something or it is proven in a court of law that another person/persons was involved

Archived