Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I think a lot of the problems with the arguments on here is because people,especially women cant believe that a mother would do anything to harm her own children,its completley against a mothers natural instincts,and when anything happens to suggest otherwise their natural instinct is to defend the mother,sadly it does happen.

Now I dont profess to know what happened that night in Portugal and to be perfectly honest I dont think anybody ever will,this case will die a death simply for the lack of proof,if the McCanns are guilty of any involvement they have to live with that,in that respect they are going to be have be mentally strong for the rest of their lives.

I personally think,along with hundreds of other people,that they know more about the girls disappearance than they are admitting,that is my view and I am entitled to it.As far as Im concerned the only way I will change that view is if somebody other than the McCanns actually either admits something or it is proven in a court of law that another person/persons was involved

As a mother i think they were incredibly stupid negligant and naieve to leave the children alone that night,But i truly believe that is all they are guilty of.

It is the case that were critical comments from the beginning about the wisdom or morality of leaving children in a hotel bedroom on their own. As an aside, the McCanns can't have been the first (or last) parents to do this: it's a judgement around the number and ages of the children, whether there are any health or behavioural problems, and how long and far way the parents will be.

The point I was making, however, was about sympathy in terms of accepting the scenario of an abduction - as opposed to the later emergence of a suspicion that the parents may have been suggesting things which are not true.

The McCann’s have faced the problem of their missing daughter,

the knowledge and guilt that they left their children unattended,

and looking after their other two children since Madeline went missing. They have faced the criticisms’ of the public and the press whilst trying to use the press to keep a very high profile so that this case got every attention. Whilst they have been successful in getting the attention to guarantee that the search for Madeline continues and the case is not forgotten about, they have had little success in ensuring that the police carried out the best possible methods to find Maddy.

Whilst day after day of coping with the trauma of their daughters disappearance they have kept up the non-stop work to keep the case in the public eye, whilst knowing that this itself will also cause them heartache and grief.

Now since they have been told that they are official suspects, put yourself in their shoes for a moment; imagine In their minds, what they must be thinking of the investigation by the police! If the police suspect them what chance do they give the police of finding their daughter, they must be totally grief stricken and mentally exhausted.

I had purposfully kept of this thread as it was people saying the same stuff over and over : 'why such publicity'

'A single parent would be crucified'

'they are guilty'

'they are innocent'

Whilst it would be good to see the police make a breakthrough, maybe find Maddy; but do you have any faith in the investigation?

I will hopefully not comment any more till we get some good news.

Another tycoon pitches in with cash to them.

Its funny it had all gone quiet on the McCann front the press seemed to ignore them ,the portugese police have been quiet and then this bloke pitches in with money to help them fight a case that just isnt there.Looks like another business man that recognises the benefits of the McCann free gravy train and wants to get it running again

Could this finally be a lead?

It should soon be examined with face-recognition software. I don't really trust any of the reports that have been churned out, but this photo has some concrete substance.

It does seem a little odd for a blond white child to be among a traditional-looking Moroccan group. :confused:

Ok, I haven't been keeping up with the topic this week, and only read the last page.

I've looked at that picture purdyamos, and I don't think it needs face recognition. If that was a very close relative of mine, or someone I had known all my life, I could said yes or no. Based on that picture.

Could this finally be a lead?

It should soon be examined with face-recognition software. I don't really trust any of the reports that have been churned out, but this photo has some concrete substance.

It does seem a little odd for a blond white child to be among a traditional-looking Morrocan group. :confused:

Here is the actual picture that was taken:

http://www.cope.es/archivos/especiales/nina_rubia_1.jpg

As you can see it's taken from a distance through the car windscreen.

Here is a slightly blown up shot:

http://www.cope.es/archivos/especiales/nina_rubia_2.jpg

And here's another:

http://www.cope.es/archivos/especiales/nina_rubia_3.jpg

It's certainly not close enough for anybody to say that it is definitely Madeleine or not.

I've blown up the photo image and am not totally convinced that it is Madeleine as the nose shape appears different and the distance between bottom of nose and top lip also appears proportionately larger with the girl in photo. Again difficult to really tell as the original picture is taken too far back.

As for a blond child looking odd within this group, well if you take a look at the original picture and look at the man in the front his skin doesn't appear that dark and neither does the woman carrying the child.

My conclusion is that it is another misidentification.

Does anyone else think it's highly irresponsible that so many newspapers have shown this photo? Many of them have led with it today on their front pages.

By all means show the girl, but why is it necessary to show the women as well? If the girl in the picture is not Madeleine McCann, these women are being plastered all over the media as potential child abductors. I'd be livid if it was me in the photo.

Archived