Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

It does seem a little odd for a blond white child to be among a traditional-looking Morrocan group. :confused:

Around the C17/18th some Europeans (eg from SW England) were captured and taken into slavery in north Africa.

Police believe that Madeleine and her twin brother and sister may not have been alone in the McCann holiday apartment, but that the children of seven British friends who were on holiday with the McCanns were also present when Madeleine disappeared on May 3, the 24 Horas newspaper claimed.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article2621809.ece

There has been a rumour to this effect since the early days of the story. If true, it might be one explanation for the wall of secrecy surrounding the friends of the McCanns.

I wonder how they arrived at that conclusion? The headline is easy enough to grasp, but my knowledge of Portugese isn't sufficient to decode the rest of the story. Any offers?

No, but I presume DNA analysis is involved.

Archived