Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Does anyone on here actually believe she was abducted?

how can the police do their job when they cant even trust any witness telling the true/whole story

I just can't understand how its taken these "friends" 6 months to come out and say they saw Maddie being carried away.

I know in the last few days I saw a news story saying that one of the Mcann's friends had seen Maddy TWO days after she vanished (apparently with Robert Murat's girlfriend)

Yes, I believe she was abducted.

I can't believe anyone would think she wasn't!

Because of all the crap about sightings 6 months after the eventand things that was said initially has got to put anything the McCanns say under suspicion.they seem to be trying to persuade everybody that the girl was abducted even if it includes questioning peoples intelligence by the press releases over the last two months re so called sightings that have taken over 6 months to surface.Put it another way if a robber was in this positon waiting to go to court,6 months later said ,hold on a minute i was no where in the vicinity I have an alibi,the answer would be ..why didnt you tell us this six months ago and his alibi evidence would be automatically discredited and laughed out of court.

addenda to the above post..They are being insultingly arrogant or unbelievably stupid if they think that people are going to believe the latest sighting reports,either way they are not helping their position and considering they employ a PR representative,he seems to be earning money under false pretences because if he has had anything to do with this all I can say is he has no idea of his job

addenda to the above post..They are being insultingly arrogant or unbelievably stupid if they think that people are going to believe the latest sighting reports,either way they are not helping their position and considering they employ a PR representative,he seems to be earning money under false pretences because if he has had anything to do with this all I can say is he has no idea of his job

Yes Clarence Mitchell does seem to be a waste of time, money etc can't see the point of him, and in answer to the other poster I don't believe she was abducted.

• 3 weeks later...

The speedy and high level consular support which the McCanns received from the British government was a slightly curious feature of this case. Some people incline to the view that the McCanns have connections in high places. A letter leaked to a Belgian newspaper sheds some interesting new light on this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=499340&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true#StartComments

The Foreign Office was alerted to fears over Gerry and Kate McCann by a British diplomat in Portugal just days after their daughter Madeleine went missing. The diplomat was sent to the holiday resort of Praia da Luz in the days following the four-year-old's disappearance and soon became concerned over "inconsistencies" in the testimonies by her parents and their friends.

After visiting the McCanns, the unnamed diplomat sent a report to the Foreign Office in London, admitting his worries about "confused declarations" of the McCanns' movements on the night of May 3. He also noted the couple's "lack of co-operation" with the Portuguese police.

The diplomat expressed his fears after receiving instruction from the Foreign Office to provide "all possible assistance to the McCann couple"..... "Please confirm to me, in the light of these concerns, that we want to continue to be closely involved in the case as was requested in your previous message."

• 1 month later...
Maybe we should lighten the mood on this thread and debate who'd play the McCanns in the inevitable Hollywood film?

I'd go for Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise (standing on a box). I don't know if they've ever been in a film together but you never know - they might really hit it off!

There are times when real life is even stranger than parody......

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/article663516.ece

Still, nice to know that Team McCann have said "We would only get involved with something done sensitively and considerately."

That's all right, then......

Still, nice to know that Team McCann have said "We would only get involved with something done sensitively and considerately."

Good god Basil! Gove me six numbers right now. Don't think about it too much, just as they come to you love.

By the way I think you'd make a lovely Princess Anne if they ever make the movie.

Sick. How on earth could they even consider that? What a tasteless, horrible couple.

Good god Basil! Gove me six numbers right now. Don't think about it too much, just as they come to you love.

By the way I think you'd make a lovely Princess Anne if they ever make the movie.

I'm hoping to play the part of the shifty-looking dodgy character who keeps selling different "exclusives" to the paper as to what he was doing on the night, though it seems obvious he's not telling the full story. Yes, I'd make an excellent Gerry McCann.....

A blockbuster film eh? The stories about Madelaines blood in the apartment and hotel aren't going away. They might not get the ending they expected. From todays Sun.

THE tormented parents of Madeleine McCann reacted in fury last night to new claims that DNA evidence backs the theory they killed her.

Portuguese newspaper Correio Da Manha reported that blood specks in their hire car and behind a sofa in their holiday apartment could only have come from Maddie, four.

Until now, forensic tests had been thought inconclusive.

Now it is being claimed new and “definitive” results from Britain support the police theory that Maddie was killed in the apartment and her body moved in a car hired 25 days AFTER she vanished.

Archived