Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Before you start getting any more hysterical, please may i respectfully refer you to the link in my post at 10.06 am of today's date.

AND if you then care to read the contents, you will learn that there would seem to be no apparent need for your response because the McCanns have stated - again according to the Guardian - that this is not true.

Yet the "denial" article also includes the following paragraph;

"The couple's spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said yesterday that he had been involved in tentative discussions with the US entertainment company IMG before Christmas about the possibility of making the story of Madeleine, who went missing in Portugal on May 3, into a film or television drama."

So even in a pro-McCann article, their spokesman has admitted that they've had discussions about making a film; would he really have done that without asking their approval first?

There is of course the other issue of whether or not you can believe yet another denial from the McCanns, but that's another story.....

Gerry's Blog/Diary

Day 250 - 08/01/2008

We are one week in to the New Year and we can definitely say the holiday period is well and truly over. Some of the media coverage today has been at its worst since Kate and I were declared arguidos.

We can categorically deny that we are considering a movie about Madeleine’s disappearance. This is simply untrue. We are approached by a huge number of media outlets regarding a myriad of projects, only a tiny proportion of which we agree to. Each proposal is considered on whether it is likely to have a positive effect, either directly or indirectly on the search for Madeleine. As stated today by Clarence, there was a preliminary discussion between a production agency and a representative of Kate and I to discuss the possibility of a documentary about the issues we have faced since Madeleine was abducted. Clearly Europe is a long way behind the USA in terms of its response when a child goes missing.

Kate and I have opened all of the Christmas cards and many mass cards which have been for Madeleine. We would like to thank everyone who has helped and supported us over the last eight months. We could not have got through this ordeal on our own and without doubt, Madeleine needs all our help

Taken from http://www.findmadeleine.com

Yet the "denial" article also includes the following paragraph;

"The couple's spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said yesterday that he had been involved in tentative discussions with the US entertainment company IMG before Christmas about the possibility of making the story of Madeleine, who went missing in Portugal on May 3, into a film or television drama."

..looks like Clarence might be seeking new employment :D

Got it in one!

Classic spin-talk still coming from Gerry.

He has changed his mind again, it's going to be a documentary. Well that just means that she was definately abducted by a strange man who had stalked them. No mention will be made of the parents leaving 3 babies alone night after night:roll::roll:

Before you start getting any more hysterical, please may i respectfully refer you to the link in my post at 10.06 am of today's date.

AND if you then care to read the contents, you will learn that there would seem to be no apparent need for your response because the McCanns have stated - again according to the Guardian - that this is not true.

i said i was hysterical at the thought of MYson, who had had a serious head injury, not the mccanns, whatever they have or have not done is by the by, they are still making alot of money from the public and there is still something amiss.

everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is mine:|

The headlines today state that Madeleine's parents have ok'd a documentary into her disappearance.I think the figure that they would get for this was quoted at ten million pounds...Surely not?

Have they agreed to donate this money to charity, or will it fund further searches for her?

how can anyone , ANY PARENT who has lost a child in this way even contemplate making any kind of film about it, it beggers belief that these people swan about in the media looking all innocent whilst making millions of the backs of the public,

my eight year old son suffered a serious head injury new years eve and i was hysterical at the mere thought that he was hurting, :(

these people are carrying on like normal and i find it a bit hard to swallow, i feel for them, i really do but something, somewhere is amiss:suspect:

I hope your son is ok Ruth :)

Archived