Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I seem to remember(and I may be wrong) that there was something in place.

AFAIK, no, there wasn't, and much was made of them saying "but we only went over to the restaurant".

it was a horrible thing to happen to them, that their little girl vanished, but had the tots not been left alone, how would whoever abducted Madeleine have managed to have done it?

Or...here's a radical thought, they could have taken the kids with them! :o

Another radical thought..they didn't. What is it you want while your feet shuffle with two boulders in each hand?

You're not saying anything new so please tell us all what you personally think should be done?

Yet more spin, it was a tapas bar.

They went out for a drink, and left their kids unsupervised and uncared for. End of.

They are significantly responsible for what happened, they are not the victim, Maddie is/was.

Doh..... without your bold addition I would never have guessed thats where tapas was eaten so un -travelled am I.

They were not responsible for what happened - the evil predator who took her was.

I agree 100%, the done nowt brigade want to crucify the done summat brigade. This forum has some sad members, anyone who lives in the south west has to be a silver spoon inherited wealth snob, whilst someone from chav land, with a family that has no record of ever working deserves the sympathy of us all.

I don't know, crookesey. whether the family is rich or poor, it was beyond bloomin' irresponsible to leave their babies home alone.

What if there had been a fire, or one of the tots had been injured? Oor even worse, one of the kiddies abducted? Oh, wait...

AFAIK, no, there wasn't, and much was made of them saying "but we only went over to the restaurant".

it was a horrible thing to happen to them, that their little girl vanished, but had the tots not been left alone, how would whoever abducted Madeleine have managed to have done it?

It would most likely not have...not to that child anyhow. The debate would probably be about another child and its parents..

You don't need to leave your child alone for it to be abducted...didn't the Bulger kids mother get a tabloid kicking for losing a moments concentration?

Years ago at Butlins people could leave their children in their chalet on an evening whilst they went out.

A member of staff patroled to make sure the children were OK.

There is only one person to blame in this incident and that is the person or persons who stole the child.

You are correct Harvey19 - it was common practice at Butlins and many many many other places.

Archived