Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

The question of blame is neither here nor there. The child is gone and the chances of her coming back are small. The chances of her coming back unharmed are even smaller. What is now the issue is should Mrs McCann parade herself across the front of the papers like a victim desperately searching for sympathy and money when she isn't the injured party?

In my opinion. No she shouldn't its in very poor taste. Its incredibly crass to try to make out that shes in some way having the worst time out of all this. She made a poor choice, she needs to live with it. I don't particularly see why I should fund it and have to put up with her woebegone expression and tales of how she can't get it on.

If someone is intent on stealing my car they will certainly succeed more easily if I park it 130 yards away, out of sight, while I get drunk...

...whereas, if it's in clear sight, being watched responsibly...

A while ago thieves were stealing lead off peoples roofs whilst they were in the house.

That's the point in PDL there isn't a listening service, there never has been. The OC is a set of different Vilas and apartments set in a small village (Some privatly owned), it isn't a hotel complex. The Tapas bar was in a gated off area where you have to show your OC card to enter, ie the pool areas. Would you leave you kids in Parson Cross and go to the pub? That is exactly what the McCanns did!

No, granted, there wasn't the listening service at PDL - but the McCann's operated one of their own in the same way as if there had been .

The question of blame is neither here nor there. The child is gone and the chances of her coming back are small. The chances of her coming back unharmed are even smaller. What is now the issue is should Mrs McCann parade herself across the front of the papers like a victim desperately searching for sympathy and money when she isn't the injured party?

In my opinion. No she shouldn't its in very poor taste. Its incredibly crass to try to make out that shes in some way having the worst time out of all this. She made a poor choice, she needs to live with it. I don't particularly see why I should fund it and have to put up with her woebegone expression and tales of how she can't get it on.

Shes doing none of this in my eyes.

Desperate for money to continue searching to find answers to what has happened she has wrote a book

The newspapers then picking out select "highlights" for our consumption.

(sorry about the bold - not sure how that happened)

...I am well aware of how parents / holidays companies supervised chidren in resorts of the type the McCanns were at abroad.

But not in this case. The parents "said" they were checking on them...

...not anyone else.

"...they left at 20:30, leaving the apartment unlocked, to dine with friends approximately 130 yards (120 metres) away at a tapas bar..."

"...The McCanns said that they were taking turns checking on their children...."

lets face it they are going to have to live with their decision to leave the kids alone in that apartment for the rest of their lives.me for one have no sympathy for them..its the poor child i feel sorry for god rest her soul,i think we can assume that the child is long gone and possibly dead.so mum parading on tv to try and satisfy her guilt leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth.

If someone is intent on stealing my car they will certainly succeed more easily if I park it 130 yards away, out of sight, while I get drunk...

...whereas, if it's in clear sight, being watched responsibly...

So you sit watching your car at night? :huh:

But not in this case. The parents "said" they were checking on them...

...not anyone else.

"...they left at 20:30, leaving the apartment unlocked, to dine with friends approximately 130 yards (120 metres) away at a tapas bar..."

"...The McCanns said that they were taking turns checking on their children...."

So if they were not checking (which is what your post implies) how was her being missing discovered ? or is there some theory on that too?

So if they were not checking (which is what your post implies) how was her being missing discovered ? or is there some theory on that too?

I don't need a theory to explain my statement that they were negligent, I'll repeat:

If you think that's a correct/responsible course of action God help you!

Archived