Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I have to say I was a bit suspicious of them but as time went along and they persisted I started to think they were telling the truth.

But this book has made me think again. I do find some of the things they've said in it odd, for example she says they were the only people searching for Madeleine after she went missing but there is YouTube footage of her saying in an interview a while ago that they didn't go out to search until the morning when it was light because there was no point and the police and other people were looking. Also that locals had taken time off work to search which doesn't really fit with her claim now that her and Gerry were desperately searching alone.

Also, having read about the find Madeleine Fund which this book is to replenish because it's run dry - the reason it's run dry is because Kate and Gerry have been using it to fund legal battles with Goncarlo Amaral for libel and for other associated legal costs of their own. Some of the money may be being used to look for Madeleine but an awful lot of it is being spent on the McCann's PR and legal representation which is not why people donated it.

There is not one piece of evidence to support the suggestion that the child was abducted.

Point taken, I've rewritten the offending bit: 'The McCanns got it wrong. But so did their friends who also left their children in the complex, the difference being none of those children were abducted went missing. Nowhere have I seen the sort of bile thrown at the McCanns levelled at their friends.'

However, the underlying meaning of what I wrote is unchanged. It was pretty obvious my post wasn't really about how she went missing, but about the way some 'perfect' people show so little compassion.

Point taken, I've rewritten the offending bit: 'The McCanns got it wrong. But so did their friends who also left their children in the complex, the difference being none of those children were abducted went missing. Nowhere have I seen the sort of bile thrown at the McCanns levelled at their friends.'

However, the underlying meaning of what I wrote is unchanged. It was pretty obvious my post wasn't really about how she went missing, but about the way some 'perfect' people show so little compassion.

Are you are more concerned about the lack of compassion than finding out what really happened to the child?

What is it that has swayed you towards "highly suspicious"?

lack of emotion by kate mcann for a start,if that was anyone else they would have fell apart instantly.something does not feel right about it im sorry,i would and have given them the benefit of the doubt in my way of thinking.but a niggle tells me they are as guilty as hell.

Obviously you take the McAnns side no matter what is published ,from what Iv read of the matter Im amazed the DPP hasnt taken any action

I haven't taken any sides..stop talking nonsense. You're amazed at the DPP not taking any action..wouldn't they need evidence let alone jurisdiction?

I tend not to get to impressed by.....Ooooooooo she looks a bit dodgy as evidence.

Archived