Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I don't know if this link's been posted before but after all these pages, who's going to look back?

So, you McCann supporters out there, have a read of the first 50 pages of Gerry's blog (the other pages are on this site too) and just wonder if these are the words you would have written if your precious little girl had just gone missing (and you had nothing to do with it and were going out of your minds with worry).

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/DAYS_1_to_50.htm

Meetings...publicity....money..attention...

Considering the amount of pages is there any particular page/s to look out for as I'm assuming you've read them all. Listing them would be helpful.

Considering the amount of pages is there any particular page/s to look out for as I'm assuming you've read them all. Listing them would be helpful.

Just a general read through, it doesn't read like the words of a father who's devasted by the loss of his daughter.

Anyway, I'm going to do my best to engage no further. There are shed loads of evidence out there (ie, websites offering video clips from tv interviews, excerpts from police interviews etc, witness interviews, media reports from the time) that a quick Google or two will reveal to anyone interested.

So much evidence is in the public domain already, just for some reason not being used to prosecute the McCanns and their friends, and one day the truth about Madelaine's death will come out.

Are these the weasel words you are thinking of?

"No-one will ever feel as guilty as we do over the fact that we weren't with Madeleine at the time when she was abducted," Mr McCann said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6692161.stm

What a strange choice of words to use.

I accept they feel guilty and I'm not a believer that they killed Madeleine themselves, but it niggles me why they choose such select words that are clearly thought through to side-step accepting that it was their actions that left their children at risk.

I can see that their children being abducted would be the last thing on their minds when they decided to leave them, but these children were all under 4 years of age - what if they'd fallen out of bed (I'm guessing the floors wouldn't be carpeted), or gone to get a drink and smashed a glass, or quite simply woken up, couldn't find Mummy and Daddy and spent anything up to 50 minutes in hysterical frightened tears?

Why would any parent want to risk that upset on their precious children?

It baffles me more that they underwent IVF - if it is possible to rank a parents love (which it isn't) but surely a parent who has craved a child, spent years trying and finally resorted to IVF to get that precious child would be just that little teeny bit more careful of their wonderful creation?

I accept they feel guilty and I'm not a believer that they killed Madeleine themselves, but it niggles me why they choose such select words that are clearly thought through to side-step accepting that it was their actions that left their children at risk.

I think that they choose their words carefully because they, quite correctly , knew that every one of then would be scrutinised and examind for any legal evidence of guilt.

What would have been appropriate to say? The sentence conveys what they feel.

Someone's perception of what the young girl was doing was simulated oral sex.

Could just as easily been quite innocent and completely unrelated to that perception..

It was David Payne if you read the police files, rather than the Daily Mail/Sun, not the child. God I despair!

Yeah, the tail end of a conversation about Madeleine giving oral sex, whilst she was at the dinner table! Actually yes, I can see something in that and so could she as she felt she should report it to the police, which she did.

:hihi::hihi: You couldn't make it up. Oh, sorry, you did. Talk about 2 and 2 getting 5!

I think that they choose their words carefully because they, quite correctly , knew that every one of then would be scrutinised and examind for any legal evidence of guilt.

What would have been appropriate to say? The sentence conveys what they feel.

Correct, and because they had been advised that the focus should be on finding Madeleine and her abductor and not getting in to some side-debate about how close you should watch your kids.

I think that if both were involved in anything one would have started blaming the other to minimise their blame to their own conscience. This would have led to them stating this blame to the police to lower the stress on themself and minimise any involvement or blame.[/QUOTe]

i think they have blamed the police not in so many ways..

Correct, and because they had been advised that the focus should be on finding Madeleine and her abductor and not getting in to some side-debate about how close you should watch your kids.

Well said - and as you posted earlier if the evil purpatrator had been determind to take Maddie they would have done.

Wasn't there an incident a few years ago when a child was abducted from the caravan they were sleeping in.

Archived