Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

[]We also have to remember by looking at comments made by Portugal locals, they think we all leave our children home alone, the McCann's have shown us up as a nation for their own selfish needs.

That's not really true:| Here it is actually a criminal offence to leave children under 14 alone (might be in the U.K. too dunno?)

The baby sitting service was either a paid in room sitter, or a free on site creche, the grandparents told the News that they McCanns refused both services as they didn't like to leave them with strangers!! 99% of restaurants are child friendly here, and the kids would have been made welcome, so there is no excuse for it. The door was left open for easy access so the parents could check on them ever half an hour or so, so we assume it made easy access for anyone to either abduct Madeleine or for her to wander off which is still a possibility, (but rather more boring for the media to sell stories!!) The latest news on Portuguese t.v is that a member of "Team McCann" has refused to either confirm or deny that they have agreed rights to a book deal, so the whole bloody mess is still a circus, and guess who are the celebs???

I don't think it's a bad thing that she has a lot of media coverage but it's a shame that all missing children don't get the same treatment.

My only worry is the people who have her will see the only option will be to kill her because if they are wanting to 'sell' her to a family or keep her and raise her as their own, they will never have a normal life because she is quite distinct looking (with the eye) and they'll get caught.

I am sick to death of people saying 'well it's the parent's fault because they left her'. You have no idea what situation it was, you can't look in the past and blame people for it, I'm sure they feel bad enough.

Lets just hope that she gets found safe and well, along with all the other missing children in the world.

Archived