Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

OI...What's with the loopy sign??? And by the standard of your grammer i can't work out whether you're agreeing with me or just being sarcastic??? :suspect:

Oh Billy Boy I'm agreeing big time, sarcasm is my middle name, but you and I mate are on the same side, no doubt about that!

I just feel very uncomfortable with the McCanns, there's something just not right, call it human nature, intuition, i don't know, but it's strange that there's a real wave of untrust for the couple by a hell of a lot of people.

I know when Ben Needham went missing, there wasn't any hatred towards Kerry Needham (Bens mother) that i can remember?

I just feel very uncomfortable with the McCanns, there's something just not right, call it human nature, intuition, i don't know, but it's strange that there's a real wave of untrust for the couple by a hell of a lot of people.

I know when Ben Needham went missing, there wasn't any hatred towards Kerry Needham (Bens mother) that i can remember?

intuition is a very powerful thing isnt it,im struggling myself at mo..i dont want to believe how im thinking..but like you said theres a lot of mistrust of them by the public.lets hope this waiting game doesnt last much longer and maddies dissapearence can be explained.

intuition is a very powerful thing isnt it,im struggling myself at mo..i dont want to believe how im thinking..but like you said theres a lot of mistrust of them by the public.lets hope this waiting game doesnt last much longer and maddies dissapearence can be explained.

It is - how many people were convinced that the weird looking landlord was guilty of killing Joanne Yates in Bristol recently? ( Sorry I can't recall the name, but you might know who I mean)

Loads of people were absolutely convinced and the tabloids practically convicting him - and he was completely innocent.

Hatred and suspicion of an abducted child's parents isn't all that unusual. Don't know if the murder of little JonBenét Ramsey made it to your side of the pond, but it was front page news here. The parents were eventually exonerated, but it took years.

Hatred and suspicion of an abducted child's parents isn't all that unusual. Don't know if the murder of little JonBenét Ramsey made it to your side of the pond, but it was front page news here. The parents were eventually exonerated, but it took years.

It did, and you're right that hatred and suspicion of parents in that position is common.

People don't like to believe that this sort of awful occurrence could just as easily have happened to them - so they seek to distance themselves from it - 'I'd never be that callous/careless/casual over my childs care' - 'They must have brought it on themselves' etc.

It feels like medieval superstition to me sometimes.

While I think about it - cases where the parents/weirdo/odd looking guy were in fact guilty are ten a penny. Cases where they turn out to be guilty many years after the fact are much less common.

Your "intuition" about people you have never met? yep, that will be your sixth sense alright, nothing to do with the stories in the papers you read. As mentioned somewhere else, I bet your "intuition" had that bloke in Bristol down as a cold hearted pervert and a killer. :rolleyes:

It did, and you're right that hatred and suspicion of parents in that position is common.

People don't like to believe that this sort of awful occurrence could just as easily have happened to them - so they seek to distance themselves from it - 'I'd never be that callous/careless/casual over my childs care' - 'They must have brought it on themselves' etc.

It feels like medieval superstition to me sometimes.

While I think about it - cases where the parents/weirdo/odd looking guy were in fact guilty are ten a penny. Cases where they turn out to be guilty many years after the fact are much less common.

Personally Halibut i wouldn't have been and still wouldn't be that careless to leave my daughter alone. As parents we all make mistakes, but not glaring casual ones like they (McCanns) did! My daughter would have been dining with us. I enjoy her company, i love her to bits, she's the main part of the family and i wouldn't dream of shutting her away in a room while i spent the night in a bar!

Personally Halibut i wouldn't have been and still wouldn't be that careless to leave my daughter alone. As parents we all make mistakes, but not glaring casual ones like they (McCanns) did! My daughter would have been dining with us. I enjoy her company, i love her to bits, she's the main part of the family and i wouldn't dream of shutting her away in a room while i spent the night in a bar!

Fair do's Billy - we're all diffferent.

Even after all that you've just read, you still defend the McCanns! How do you explain Maddies blood being found in the back of a hire car the McCans hired 25 days AFTER her disappearance?

I do not get taken in by sensational reporting

Archived