Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Can i ask...would you have left your child alone in a room while drinking the night away?

I would not leave my child alone in a room whilst drinking the night away.

But my understanding is that the room was in view of the party who were having a meal and they checked on the children regularly.

I also understand hey were all in a secured compound.

Quite honestly there has been so much sensational reporting in order to increase sales of newspapers I would question anything that has been written.

Instead of dwelling on the rights and wrongs of how the McCanns supervised their children the emphasise needs to be on the abduction of the child.

The abductor is the one who commited the crime, maybe made simpler by the children being alone but if there was a plan to abduct the child she would have been abducted at some other time or place.

In conclusion as I have stated before if the McCanns were guilty they would have wanted to slink into obscurity instead they have put themselves under scrutiny by asking the Prime Minister to instigate a full review of all evidence and intelligence gathered.

If there was any evidence pointing to the parents involvement in any crime they would have been arrested.

But my understanding is that the room was in view of the party who were having a meal and they checked on the children regularly.

Quite honestly there has been so much sensational reporting in order to increase sales of newspapers I would question anything that has been written.

Instead of dwelling on the rights and wrongs of how the McCanns supervised their children the emphasise needs to be on the abduction of the child.

The abductor is the one who commited the crime, maybe made simpler by the children being alone but if there was a plan to abduct the child she would have been abducted at some other time or place.

In conclusion as I have stated before if the McCanns were guilty they would have wanted to slink into obscurity instead they have put themselves under scrutiny by asking the Prime Minister to instigate a full review of all evidence and intelligence gathered.

If there was any evidence pointing to the parents involvement in any crime they would have been arrested.

Harvey that says it all 100% cant agree more ..

I suggest you go polish your 'McCann' rose coloured specs and look at the bigger picture. For whatever reason you are so 'pro' McCann i don't know but no reasoned discussion can continue with you on this subject. I personally hope that Madeleine is found one day and all the doubters of the McCanns (me included) end up with egg on our faces, but the chances of that are very slim.

Contradicting yourself here,if the child was abducted the compound was in no way secure...dont you agree

I suggest you go polish your 'McCann' rose coloured specs and look at the bigger picture. For whatever reason you are so 'pro' McCann i don't know but no reasoned discussion can continue with you on this subject. I personally hope that Madeleine is found one day and all the doubters of the McCanns (me included) end up with egg on our faces, but the chances of that are very slim.

I am not pro or anti just objective and my conclusion is what I have stated.

It's quite widely accepted now that they were out of sight of the apartment, various journalists confirmed this and the fact that the closest part of the apartment to the tapas bar was the patio doors which the McCanns now claim the abductor must have entered through they have tacitly admitted this as well. They also couldn't directly access the apartment they had to leave the complex via one gate, walk down the street and then re-enter another gate in order to access their apartment.

They were not in a secure compound their apartment had a seperate front door on the other side of the apartment from the complex, also they accounts of various people of the comings and goings at the gate at the side of the tapas bar confirm that many people both staying in the complex and not had unrestricted access to both the pool and tapas area and the area around the gate leading to the patio doors.

Our government don't have juristiction over a crime that happened in Portugal which is why they are not ordering reviews and investigations. As has been said before, the way Portuguese justice works if they want the case reinvestigating all they need to do is right to the Director of Justice for the region and ask for the case to be reopened and it will be, but they have consistently refused to do this.

And as far as 'they would have been arrested', although not exactly the same becoming and arguido is similar in some ways to be arrested or becoming a suspect. If you mean why haven't they been charged, well that's because there is no proof they were involved. But by the same token there is also no proof whatsoever (and very little evidence) that she was abducted either.

It's quite widely accepted now that they were out of sight of the apartment, various journalists confirmed this and the fact that the closest part of the apartment to the tapas bar was the patio doors which the McCanns now claim the abductor must have entered through they have tacitly admitted this as well. They also couldn't directly access the apartment they had to leave the complex via one gate, walk down the street and then re-enter another gate in order to access their apartment.

They were not in a secure compound their apartment had a seperate front door on the other side of the apartment from the complex, also they accounts of various people of the comings and goings at the gate at the side of the tapas bar confirm that many people both staying in the complex and not had unrestricted access to both the pool and tapas area and the area around the gate leading to the patio doors.

Our government don't have juristiction over a crime that happened in Portugal which is why they are not ordering reviews and investigations. As has been said before, the way Portuguese justice works if they want the case reinvestigating all they need to do is right to the Director of Justice for the region and ask for the case to be reopened and it will be, but they have consistently refused to do this.

And as far as 'they would have been arrested', although not exactly the same becoming and arguido is similar in some ways to be arrested or becoming a suspect. If you mean why haven't they been charged, well that's because there is no proof they were involved. But by the same token there is also no proof whatsoever (and very little evidence) that she was abducted either.

What do you conclude happened to the child ?

Archived