Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

A determined person will have been able to secure entry it seems, unless the abductor was already in the compound.

It still wasnt secure was it..therefore the children should not have been left.

Mind I suppose it would be easy for a phantom abductor..they can get anywhere

Have watched the link that ShSheff provided to the Truth of the Lie. This is very interesting watching from Goncalo Amaral's point of view. Readily available on You Tube.

My view-

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler.

People can say what they want but the bottom line is that if they hadn’t been left alone it wouldn’t have happened ………. Simple but true.

I have been on holidays where baby listening services are available and we wouldn’t even use them, the idea of leaving our kids in a room on their own was just a none starter.

People can say what they want but the bottom line is that if they hadn’t been left alone it wouldn’t have happened ………. Simple but true.

I have been on holidays where baby listening services are available and we wouldn’t even use them, the idea of leaving our kids in a room on their own was just a none starter.

Thats makes you a sensible and caring parent.

Unlike the stupid, uncaring Mccanns.

Our daughter was about six months younger than Madeleine at the time of her disappearance. We would never have considered being out of earshot of our daughter, and we still feel the same. It's nothing to do with the risk of abduction or injury. It's purely that if she were to wake up in a strange bed, we wouldn't want to risk her being upset. While we are in earshot, its easy to shout/say, "it's OK, we're here", to reassure her.

In one of today's papers (not sure which, I was just reading any available at the gym this morning) Richard & Judy were repeating the:

"it's just like being in your garden" - clearly they have have bigger gardens than most of us, and

"everybody does it" - NO THEY DO NOT.

Richard and Judy were bemoaning people (presumably on forums such as this) blaming the McCanns for leaving their children alone and therefore having no empathy for their loss. I have plenty of compassion for their loss, which must be unbearable. But that doesn't alter the fact that they did leave their children alone. Failing to acknowledge these shortcomings confuses the situation - particularly the mechanism by which she disappeared. Did someone break in and take her (the "official" McCann version), did she walk out and was taken by an opportunist, or did she walk out and come to other harm while outside the appartment?

Our daughter was about six months younger than Madeleine at the time of her disappearance. We would never have considered being out of earshot of our daughter, and we still feel the same. It's nothing to do with the risk of abduction or injury. It's purely that if she were to wake up in a strange bed, we wouldn't want to risk her being upset. While we are in earshot, its easy to shout/say, "it's OK, we're here", to reassure her.

In one of today's papers (not sure which, I was just reading any available at the gym this morning) Richard & Judy were repeating the:

"it's just like being in your garden" - clearly they have have bigger gardens than most of us, and

"everybody does it" - NO THEY DO NOT.

Richard and Judy were bemoaning people (presumably on forums such as this) blaming the McCanns for leaving their children alone and therefore having no empathy for their loss. I have plenty of compassion for their loss, which must be unbearable. But that doesn't alter the fact that they did leave their children alone. Failing to acknowledge these shortcomings confuses the situation - particularly the mechanism by which she disappeared. Did someone break in and take her (the "official" McCann version), did she walk out and was taken by an opportunist, or did she walk out and come to other harm while outside the appartment?

or... none of the above. watch the truth of the lie.

Had an event like this happened in the UK, then the parents/press wouldn't have got away with suggesting that the foreign police are a bit rubbish and have done everything wrong. I would even go as far as saying that, had Portugese parents had this happen to them on holiday in the UK, then not many people would believe it was an abduction.

It seems that the majority of people think the McCanns made a mistake leaving their children in the room whilst they went for a meal.

Pointless to keep going over this.

Now we must move onto what happened to the child.

That is the really important point to focus on in this tragedy.

It seems that the majority of people think the McCanns made a mistake leaving their children in the room whilst they went for a meal.

Pointless to keep going over this.

Now we must move onto what happened to the child.

That is the really important point to focus on in this tragedy.

That's an easy one.

We don't know.

Edit: I know it keeps going round in circles, but pretty much the only thing anyone knows for certain is that the children were left alone. It doesn't go away, and is hard to ignore/brush under the carpet.

Archived