Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I don't think it's a bad thing that she has a lot of media coverage but it's a shame that all missing children don't get the same treatment.

My only worry is the people who have her will see the only option will be to kill her because if they are wanting to 'sell' her to a family or keep her and raise her as their own, they will never have a normal life because she is quite distinct looking (with the eye) and they'll get caught.

I am sick to death of people saying 'well it's the parent's fault because they left her'. You have no idea what situation it was, you can't look in the past and blame people for it, I'm sure they feel bad enough.

Lets just hope that she gets found safe and well, along with all the other missing children in the world.

I agree with your whole post except for the bold bit, we ALL know what the situation was, they admitted it, they went for dinner at a nearby restaurant leaving their 3 toddlers behind, that is the WHOLE situation!

Don't believe a word Sky says! You should have sen the editing and spin from Robert Murats origianl interview, poor fella, i just hope if he is innocent he has a bloody good lawyer to sue SkyNews!

I think the biggest problem, even controlling the media is that the Police methods seem to have lacked any co-ordination.

Believe you me, even in this country you think we have free plus but when there is a major case the police try and control everything and to be fair, I should imagine the UK press play along because it is all managed fairly well.

However, in this case the whole thing got out of hand, reporters, lacking any real control or brought in to the police inner circle just got on with it themselves, they started to lead the investigation.

So I am sorry to say in this case I think the police management would appear pretty bad

VWR

So I am sorry to say in this case I think the police management would appear pretty bad

VWR

Don't agree, how the media have behaved in this case has been pretty poor,

the Portuguese police have better and more important things to do with their time rather than worrying about controlling the British media.:huh:

Don't agree, how the media have behaved in this case has been pretty poor,

the Portuguese police have better and more important things to do with their time rather than worrying about controlling the British media.:huh:

Sooo true, Sky news acted like Robert Murat, had been found guilty, dragging up his sex life etc (or lack of it!!):suspect:

I think this sad case is a perfect illustration of the power of prayer. The publicity generated worldwide has resulted in literally millions of religious people promising to pray for the safe return of this child. Indeed the pope himself has offered his personal prayers for Madeleine and you can't get much closer to God than that.

The fact that she is still missing means either God doesn't exist or God doesn't give a ****.

I think this sad case is a perfect illustration of the power of prayer. The publicity generated worldwide has resulted in literally millions of religious people promising to pray for the safe return of this child. Indeed the pope himself has offered his personal prayers for Madeleine and you can't get much closer to God than that.

The fact that she is still missing means either God doesn't exist or God doesn't give a ****.

How right you blood* well are John! Going to see the Pope etc etc, do me a favour, if the Pope wants to help, tell him to ask the bloody* Mafia to get involved in the search, they stand as good a chance at any chuff of finding her. Instead of putting it in 'GODS' hands. If God (for those who believe, which is your perogative) is real, then he should be ashamed for creating the masses of low life scum that do these types of things in the first place. It's about time God was put on trial for all his flamin **** ups through time!

It's been a long time and past incidents make it very hard to remain with the thinking of a happy ending, but still i do so hope fairy tales can be real!

Incidentally she was never called Maddie(y) by her family.

Quite so Darbees - and i've highlighted the fact earlier on in this thread. It's a liberty taken by the press to sell more papers and give the public a fake sense of 'ownership' over a child that's not theirs to own. Not without precedent, sadly. I'm sure we all remember James 'Jamie' Bulger.

Archived