Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

They were not on the lash - they went for a meal.......why are you not able to distinguish between the two?

You have previously stated you take your child everywhere - does that include when you are on the lash too? or simply when you are dining out.

I do feel sorry for them as I believe every compassionate human being would. They made a mistake leaving the children and are paying for it big time.

Does that mean it's ok to leave your children "home-alone" if you are going out for a meal, but not if you are on the lash?

No I would not take kiddies out on the lash with me, but then again, that'd be for two reasons:- the main one being because they would be tucked up in bed with the care of a babysitter, the second being I don't do "lash".

They were not on the lash - they went for a meal.......why are you not able to distinguish between the two?

You have previously stated you take your child everywhere - does that include when you are on the lash too? or simply when you are dining out.

I do feel sorry for them as I believe every compassionate human being would. They made a mistake leaving the children and are paying for it big time.

Hes probably never been out for a decent meal in his life,just out on the lash as he calls it with his wife and kids in tow.

I think you're wasting you're time, it's seems we have a few posters who think it's ok to go on the lash and leave the kids behind, yet still feel sorry for the parents. I feel sorry for only one person and that is Madeleine.

Yep. Me too! I

have no idea how people can defend these parents, but hey..........how many parent abuse their kids big time anyway??

Does that mean it's ok to leave your children "home-alone" if you are going out for a meal, but not if you are on the lash?

No I would not take kiddies out on the lash with me, but then again, that'd be for two reasons:- the main one being because they would be tucked up in bed with the care of a babysitter, the second being I don't do "lash".

The question was aimed at Billy Casper who had misunderstood going for a meal with going on the lash.

Yep. Me too! I

have no idea how people can defend these parents, but hey..........how many parent abuse their kids big time anyway??

Abuse big time..........they made an error of judgement.

I have no idea how people can attack these parents but hey..........

Would your suspicions of their guilt be based on bias regarding their neglect or something you know regarding them abducting?

This hits the nail on the head, had it not been for their neglect would this have happened ?. Ask yourself a question, would you go to a foreign land and leave your children alone at night while you went out wining and dining. I know as sure as hell I would'nt. If it happened in this country and you left children of that age alone you would soon be in court for neglect. These are supposed to be educated people but yet left children of that age alone when a baby sitting service was available.

This hits the nail on the head, had it not been for their neglect would this have happened ?. Ask yourself a question, would you go to a foreign land and leave your children alone at night while you went out wining and dining. I know as sure as hell I would'nt. If it happened in this country and you left children of that age alone you would soon be in court for neglect. These are supposed to be educated people but yet left children of that age alone when a baby sitting service was available.

Arghhhh (screams) they know they made a mistake .

The system of checking that they employed was the same that used by thousands of parents previously without incident

They judged it to be safe - it wasn't

In the same way as those parents whose child was taken out of their caravan (having left a window open for air) thought it would be safe - and it wasn't.

In the same way that the grandma of Ben Needham thought it was safe to leave him alone for a second - and it wasn't.

In the same way that Millie Dowlings parents thought that it was safe to let their child travel home from school alone - and it wasn't.

BUt for many many many other parents - it was.

Those parents for whom the stats worked against them have my every sympathy and always will. There were no deliberate acts of neglect in any of these cases .

Archived