Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I wonder if all those banging on about neglect on here would've reported the McCanns and their friends for leaving their kids alone if they'd been at the same resort.....?

And I wonder if they will also report the many cases of child abuse seen on our city streets on any day of the week. Children left in the care of those drinking heavily or taking drugs, children being screamed at for no good reason, children being hit by their inadequate parents on a daily basis?

The reality is most people turn a blind eye to this type of neglect, and obviously many people did in that resort in PDL.

Well I wouldn't but then I wouldn't leave a three year old and two babies alone either and I think you'll find most people are the same, not many would turn blind eye:love:

Well I wouldn't but then I wouldn't leave a three year old and two babies alone either and I think you'll find most people are the same, not many would turn blind eye:love:

here here. I said this when the post started, and got shot down for it. Anybody who leaves their kids, especially in a foreign resort is guilty of nothing less than neglect. The McCanns are responsible for Maddies removal. Its time they accepted that. You never here as much about poor little Ben Needham these days, and that poor little nipper was in the garden with his family in Greece when he was taken. They didnt leave him in a room whilst they were on the booze. The McCanns did a terrible thing, and its time people looked at the facts instead of :rant:offering misplaced sorrow for them.

I wonder if all those banging on about neglect on here would've reported the McCanns and their friends for leaving their kids alone if they'd been at the same resort.....?

And I wonder if they will also report the many cases of child abuse seen on our city streets on any day of the week. Children left in the care of those drinking heavily or taking drugs, children being screamed at for no good reason, children being hit by their inadequate parents on a daily basis?

The reality is most people turn a blind eye to this type of neglect, and obviously many people did in that resort in PDL.

You wouldn't know that they weren't using the sitting service though - by all accounts they didn't check on their kids all that often, on account that they were having a boozy dinner with their friends... Those outside their circle wouldn't know that the kids were left all alone...

It is strange that some people feel that leaving a three year old to care for two two year olds, when their parents are out for the evening, is normal??? May be it is for Sheffield, but even when I was a kid in notts, noone I knew was ever left alone when their parents went out, and I know I never was... I didn't have particularly clucky parents either...

None of us here know what happened, none of us know if she is still alive, if she died that night and her parents hid her body in fright and went too far down a wrong road, or if she wandered away, or if she was taken by a stranger... The latter seems unlikely, as no evidence for this at all, yet there was evidence of her death (sniffer dogs)... We'll probably never know, but I bet all those the mcanns come into contact with have it in their minds that they may have killed or hidden the body of their daughter...

here here. I said this when the post started, and got shot down for it. Anybody who leaves their kids, especially in a foreign resort is guilty of nothing less than neglect. The McCanns are responsible for Maddies removal. Its time they accepted that. You never here as much about poor little Ben Needham these days, and that poor little nipper was in the garden with his family in Greece when he was taken. They didnt leave him in a room whilst they were on the booze. The McCanns did a terrible thing, and its time people looked at the facts instead of :rant:offering misplaced sorrow for them.

Assuming the McCanns are telling the truth about what happened that night I feel it's a little harsh to say they are responsible for her removal when the only person/people responsible for that is them that removed her.

The fact they did neglect her and are largely responsible for her abduction is probably their drive to put things right as best they can.

If they had done everything they could to ensure her safety they may not have that same drive to find her,cuddle her and say sorry.

No way would I leave my kid at that age alone or with a baby sitter.

Statistically I imagine more kids are abused while with baby sitters than left alone for an hour or two.

Should have all gone out together earlier and stayed in with the kids.

They have accepted that they made a bad judgement. Everyone knows they got it wrong. But then so did the friends they were with, but no-one has criticised them for leaving their children and just checking on them periodically. I guess Kate McCann constantly berates herself for leaving the children, its fairly plain by how she looks that she isn't the same person as she was before Madeleine's disappearance.

I just don't see the point of continuously going over the blame factor. Trying to establish what happened to Madeleine is far more important, and if it does transpire that her parents had a hand in it, then I think everyone would be appalled.

And do people really think that the money collected to further investigate the case is really being spent by the family on other things? Why would they need to, as doctors, they will have a good standard of living anyway. Sadly, that in itself seems to upset some people. :(

Hes probably never been out for a decent meal in his life,just out on the lash as he calls it with his wife and kids in tow.

I was waiting for you to be rude, it didn't take long, i knew you were bereft of conversation and discussion. Just because you don't agree with my views you resort to barbed comments. But like i said, i did expect it.

...But then so did the friends they were with, but no-one has criticised them for leaving their children and just checking on them periodically...

They were wrong too, I am deeply critical of the whole bunch...

...there's, someone's said it (on this forum), now we can drop that defence line too.

I think you're wasting you're time, it's seems we have a few posters who think it's ok to go on the lash and leave the kids behind, yet still feel sorry for the parents. I feel sorry for only one person and that is Madeleine.

Ah, you see what you've gone and done here is typical of the result of internet gossip by associating one thing and connecting it with another. Clever but only if you don't see through it. I don't think anyone has said they feel sorry for the McCanns for leaving their children. You can now see why because of your statement that we need legal unbiased professionals who can see that being guilty of the crime of neglect is not the same as abduction and killing your child personally. I feel sorry for the McCanns because the likes of your statement implies something without validity. Until that validity is proven it's nothing more than conjecture. The act of neglect isn't questionable, that's been proven and no sympathy from me. However I am empathic because I've also been guilty of neglect.

You and others like you use the argument by implying the McCanns are guilty of the abduction of their child based on their neglect, by using the term 'would you leave your child' as a footnote to almost every post. Why you keep repeating this like a broken record I now understand, it's because like everyone excluding the perpetrators of the child's disappearance is you are no different to anyone else, being you haven't got a clue, but through self importance you have to be seen to be the fixer. A classic case of "The more I say "I feel sorry for the child" as a strap-on, the more likely you attract the same self serving blinkered vision.

Archived