Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Ahh the 'Perfect Parent' brigade ?

really thats how you class people that have their own opinion, when someone disagrees of your view of the mcanns they get labelled as the perfect parent brigade you so call it.let me just add would you leave your kids on their own while you nipped to the pub..or go out for dinner and leave your front door open.

really thats how you class people that have their own opinion, when someone disagrees of your view of the mcanns they get labelled as the perfect parent brigade you so call it.let me just add would you leave your kids on their own while you nipped to the pub..or go out for dinner and leave your front door open.

No, I was just expressing my opinion, a little like you yourself have done.

Just for the record, I don't agree with what they did, but I also feel desperately sorry for what they are going through.

I, as a parent have made many mistakes, just that thankfully, none as great as the one they made that night.

However I dont think they are guilty of anything other than that.

They have accepted that they made a bad judgement. Everyone knows they got it wrong. But then so did the friends they were with, but no-one has criticised them for leaving their children and just checking on them periodically. I guess Kate McCann constantly berates herself for leaving the children, its fairly plain by how she looks that she isn't the same person as she was before Madeleine's disappearance.

I just don't see the point of continuously going over the blame factor. Trying to establish what happened to Madeleine is far more important, and if it does transpire that her parents had a hand in it, then I think everyone would be appalled.

And do people really think that the money collected to further investigate the case is really being spent by the family on other things? Why would they need to, as doctors, they will have a good standard of living anyway. Sadly, that in itself seems to upset some people. :(

Ms Macbeth - the voice of reason. This is such a well rounded considered post . You have managed to say in one post what I have tried to say in mnay. Well done!!

i agree,they need more evidence to convict the mcanns..do you not think that a educated pair like these 2 didnt know portugal was a haven for paedophiles dont you think they have played this card well.to be a criminal and get away with a crime you do have to be extremely clever.can you see where im coming from.

In a word... "no".

Ah, you see what you've gone and done here is typical of the result of internet gossip by associating one thing and connecting it with another. Clever but only if you don't see through it. I don't think anyone has said they feel sorry for the McCanns for leaving their children. You can now see why because of your statement that we need legal unbiased professionals who can see that being guilty of the crime of neglect is not the same as abduction and killing your child personally. I feel sorry for the McCanns because the likes of your statement implies something without validity. Until that validity is proven it's nothing more than conjecture. The act of neglect isn't questionable, that's been proven and no sympathy from me. However I am empathic because I've also been guilty of neglect.

You and others like you use the argument by implying the McCanns are guilty of the abduction of their child based on their neglect, by using the term 'would you leave your child' as a footnote to almost every post. Why you keep repeating this like a broken record I now understand, it's because like everyone excluding the perpetrators of the child's disappearance is you are no different to anyone else, being you haven't got a clue, but through self importance you have to be seen to be the fixer. A classic case of "The more I say "I feel sorry for the child" as a strap-on, the more likely you attract the same self serving blinkered vision.

Fab post - well said that man.

I can see why you hope they're innocent. :roll:

So you know they were fully aware of a paedophile ring in Portugal and the reason for Portugal was to use that as an alibi because they are very bright knowing full well how their whole plan would pan out? Also they were in the knowledge regarding the incompetence of the Portuguese police as part of that plan?

And the hundreds of thousands of tourists who go on holiday to Portugal with your obvious powers of observation, must not be "educated" and by default put their children in harms way. Have you ever been to Portugal? With your knowledge and what seems like croc tears over the child, why are you not at Heathrow with a placard professing Portugal as the paedo destination of Europe? Why didn't they just use the UK as an alibi? we got paedo's lurking behind every door.

Sorry chuck but I find you disingenuous because you seem to lack any empathy regardless of their stupidity in leaving the children. What do you want them to say, 'sorry teenyweeny it must be so very difficult for you'?

There you go again - being all reasonable and providing suitable explanations. It is not on Rontherednec I say againit is not on.

Archived