Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

That's a disgrace. What penalty would they put on them that is worse than the one they have suffered? Ducking stool, putting them in the stocks? It's just a witchhunt and is bringing out the worst in people.

Do social services have jurisdiction over them when abroad anyway?

Agreed. So they made a terrible mistake, but they've lost their daughter as a result. What worse punishment could they ever have.

With regard to your question about jurisdiction, I think it will be the case that they cant be prosecuted in england for something that happened in potugal, but if they do return with the two children they will be obliged to investigate any reported concerns about neglect on account of them having the other two children to care for.

Just think what you are doing here. These people have made a mistake which they have admitted to. Some vile criminal appears to have abducted and probably killed their daughter because of this mistake. There has been a hysterical reaction by the media who, having built up the hysteria now seek to keep it going by vilifying the couple and now there is this petition. It's the sickest gameshow ever. What next, a prize for guessing how she's been killed? What's wrong with everyone ffs?

Guest Mod_Man
"We the undersigned request that Leicestershire Social Services fulfil their statutory obligation to investigate the circumstances which led to 3 year old Madeleine McCann and her younger siblings being left unattended in an unlocked, ground floor hotel room.

We ask that they do this to reflect an evenhanded approach to the important issue of child protection.

We also wish to ensure that no parent will ever be able to evade responsibility for the safety and welfare of their children by citing the example of Mr and Mrs McCann, whose negligence is unreasonably being discounted in the tidal wave of sympathy brought about as a consequence of their media campaign".

Seems like a pretty good case to me.

Just think what you are doing here. These people have made a mistake which they have admitted to. Some vile criminal appears to have abducted and probably killed their daughter because of this mistake. There has been a hysterical reaction by the media who, having built up the hysteria now seek to keep it going by vilifying the couple and now there is this petition. It's the sickest gameshow ever. What next, a prize for guessing how she's been killed? What's wrong with everyone ffs?

I think most people who are criticising the McCanns are simply being fair and reasonable - the parents were grossly irresponsible, and should be held to account. I don't understand the people who aren't disgusted by their act of neglect.

As far as I'm aware, just because a wrongdoer feels bad about the consequences of their action, should they be let off scot-free? Should murderers be given the benefit of the doubt because they feel *awful* afterwards? Let the McCanns be investigated just the same as any other parent would be - why should they be immune?

I think most people who are criticising the McCanns are simply being fair and reasonable - the parents were grossly irresponsible, and should be held to account. I don't understand the people who aren't disgusted by their act of neglect.

As far as I'm aware, just because a wrongdoer feels bad about the consequences of their action, should they be let off scot-free? Should murderers be given the benefit of the doubt because they feel *awful* afterwards? Let the McCanns be investigated just the same as any other parent would be - why should they be immune?

:clap: totally agree!

Totally agree with you. But it seems you are flogging a dead horse with this lot.

They want their pound of flesh and they want it now.

Finger wagging all round.

Archived