Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

The Investigation

Social Services "Mr and Mrs McCann did you leave your 3 young children unattended whilst you went out for a meal?"

McCanns "Yes we did"

Social Services "Do you realise that by doing so there is a risk that they could be abducted?"

McCanns "Yes we do now because one of them was"

Social Services "If you do it again we may have to consider taking action against you"

McCanns "Thankyou for the advice, we won't do it again"

Social Services "Next please."

That sounds about right :thumbsup:.

I was amazed though by that last trip to Morocco .. there were children on the streets, carrying pictures on Madeline, waving and smiling as if they were celebrities. The children wouldn't know any better, but it just illustrates the media circus this has become. I wonder if this is why the have decided to suspend their media campaign .. they clearly looked uncomfortable by what was happening.

That was seriously cringeworthy, I felt like hiding behind the sofa as I'm sure the McCanns did too. :gag:

It's just one of numerous things that haven't sounded good, I wish the media would be more patient and wait for something to actually happen before reporting it.

I agree but it still gives you a sinking feeling when you read it. :(

I don't think their other children will be taken into care, its isn't in the best interests of the child.

That's for the SS to decide. But even if they had the inclination I doubt they would now have the nerve, - the public outcry aganst such a course of action would be overwhelming.

That's for the SS to decide. But even if they had the inclination I doubt they would now have the nerve, - the public outcry aganst such a course of action would be overwhelming.

Bar, of course a small, but vociferous number of posters on SF......

Archived