Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Its very doubtful that she will be with good people who will look after her because good decent people dont take other peoples children.

they may have done it thru an adoption agency and not known she was pinched-i think we all know this is fantasy and theres no way it has happened like this-even if it had-the girls face is everywhere so it would be hard for them not to know the truth.

I have a few friends who take that view, that she's been stolen and sold to some lovely family desperate for children.

But lets not forget she's four years old. If someone stole my four year old and sold him on, his new parents would soon know about it because he never stops yapping! Perhaps if she was a baby who couldn't speak and let the cat out of the bag, it may be different.

I can appreciate why people want to think this, but it's not very likely is it?

The turmoil that her parents must be going through is that they want her back alive, obviously, but in the unlikely event that she is still alive, she's probably going through torture.

I agree with this view. Madeleine at 4 years old will have a sense of who she is, what her name is, where shes from so would be more difficult to manipulate as says her younger twin sister/brother and integrating into another family if that is what has happened.

I hope that I am wrong but think it more likely that she is already dead or been abducted into a paedophile ring. Everyone wants her home and a happy ending but if this is the scenario the longer it takes to get her home the more difficult it will be for her and her family to deal with. Can you imagine the questions she will have for her family and the trauma she will have to live with.

Its very doubtful that she will be with good people who will look after her because good decent people dont take other peoples children.

they dont?

im sure theres been cases of desperate people who "need" their own children who for some reason or other abduct kids, i remember back in the 80s (i think) a baby was stolen from outside a shop from its pram?

they dont?

im sure theres been cases of desperate people who "need" their own children who for some reason or other abduct kids, i remember back in the 80s (i think) a baby was stolen from outside a shop from its pram?

They are i believe Desperate people. to want a child of your own so badly, something that is supposed to be the most natural process on this earth. I think some people get so obsessed the no longer see it as wrong, but that they're meant to have a/that baby/child. Doesn't make it right in any way, but it happens sadly, as so many unfortunate parents/families have had to find out.

i think you have taken the tone wrong, i only hope she has gone to a good family who will love her etc.. and its not a certain type of "ring" if you know what i mean. Yes i am a parent and also heavily pregnant at present. it would be wonderful if the parents got her back and nothing bad had happened OBVIOUSLY, but if she is returned and "damaged" so to say, they are going to need all the help and support they can get.

Are you a parent?

So if your child were "pinched" you would be so devasted that if she were returned you wouldn't be able to cope to such a degree that the child would be better of with the abductor or adopter then?

If you had based your comment about me having issues with other people on my various other posts on SF you would know that I am indeed a parent, I don't think you have though.

Almost certainly.

But this was never the argument for me. My argument is

1. The media don’t give a toss if she is found or not. In fact that longer it lingers on, the more papers etc they sell to sensationalist loving fools.

1a. As they don’t give a toss, they aren't really being a genuine agent of help, and will report any old tosh just to increase circulation.

2. The campaign has become a sick gimmick, which in part is trying to force people into some sort of faux grief. I wish the child a safe return, and feel for her immediate family, but her disappearance is way down the list of my concerns at the moment, and I refuse to be chastised for thinking otherwise.

With such an insensitive attitude to this thread, why bother joining it? Except to offend others, thats sad man!:(

Latest crap is that the McCanns are upset with the police as they, the police said they contaminated the crime scene having 21 people in it. McCann response was we had to look for madeleine first!! Why the ruddy hell would it take more than one person to search a two bedroomed apartment to look for a small child....there is more to this than meets the eye, (or 21 sets of eyes!!)

Archived