Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

But there are children dying in Dafur every single day, where are your motherly instincts there?

The poster didn't say he didn't want Madeleine found, but just that he doesn't feel the need to know about her plight, I don't find that insensitive.

See now i find your cheek in questioning my motherly instincts disrespectful. I pity any parent and child that suffers any heartache/pain etc. So don't you dare question my sincerity. I do however feel that it down right cruel to create a childto be born, when there isn't enough food to go round the living already.

See now i find your cheek in questioning my motherly instincts disrespectful. I pity any parent and child that suffers any heartache/pain etc. So don't you dare question my sincerity. I do however feel that it down right cruel to create a childto be born, when there isn't enough food to go round the living already.

Again I think you missed the point, in effect you have answered your own question. I wasn't questioning your motherly instincts, I was questioning your point about accusing someone else about being insensitive, and using Dafur as an example of how you are being a little hypocritical. I didn't say you don't care about every child's suffering, I'm sure you do, but you can't point the finger on a selective basis.

Again I think you missed the point, in effect you have answered your own question. I wasn't questioning your motherly instincts, I was questioning your point about accusing someone else about being insensitive, and using Dafur as an example of how you are being a little hypocritical. I didn't say you don't care about every child's suffering, I'm sure you do, but you can't point the finger on a selective basis.

I found one persons comment insensitive and gave my opinion and then you brought others examples into the thread. But it's about Madeline, not the rest of the worlds troubles (which i also feel sorrow for). But i wouldn't blatantly put such a cruel comment about a child being not high on list so to speak, on a post like that. I made an assumption based on my reading of the comment and posted about it, i then made comments on all the post you directed at me, but now feel am going round in circles and i have higher things on my list (as one poster said) than explaing myself to you(If thats insensitive , so be it!). All i was trying do was show a suffering family, not much different than my own some respect, as they wait for news of their missing little girl. Something i felt other comments were not doing.

All i was trying do was show a suffering family, not much different than my own some respect, as they wait for news of their missing little girl. Something i felt other comments were not doing.

But that's the point, the poster wasn't being direspectful to the Mccann family, but merely pointing out the media coverage was not justifying the size of the story. If one of my family members went missing, it would be huge deal for me personally,but I wouldn't expect the media to give it blanket coverage nor would I expect stangers to have it high on their list of priorities to be concerned about.

It seems that the McCanns cannot get any story right ............

LONDON (AFP) - Gerry McCann, the father of the four-year-old girl who disappeared in Portugal last month, had his wallet with pictures of his missing daughter stolen by a pickpocket, a newspaper reported Wednesday.

Susan Healey, mother of his wife Kate McCann, told The Evening Standard that the theft is "another kick in the teeth" since their daughter Madeleine vanished, presumably kidnapped, from a resort in the Algarve on May 3rd.

"Gerry is not clear exactly how his wallet was stolen. He did not see them take it. It contained precious photographs which have now been lost forever," she said.

Healey said the incident occurred Tuesday while he withdrew money from an automatic teller machine near the British Foreign Office in central London.

It was not immediately possible to obtain comment from the Metropolitan Police.

The newspaper said McCann, 49, had flown from Portugal to London to interview candidates to help lead the publicity campaign to find Madeleine.

Photos of missing Madeleine McCann that were snatched by a pickpocket are irreplaceable and were carried by her father for "ages", her family has said.

The girl's relatives are appealing for the return of the touching snaps that were in a wallet stolen from Madeleine's father Gerry this week.

The pictures are thought to be the only ones of their kind and were taken around two years ago when the family lived in Amsterdam.

Mr McCann's brother John, from Glasgow, said: "Gerry had his wallet stolen and there were two pictures of Madeleine taken when they lived in Amsterdam. They were taken around two years ago, before the twins were born.

"The photos meant a lot to Gerry, he had carried them for ages. They are irreplaceable, and we are appealing to whoever took them to hand them back."

The theft happened on Tuesday after Mr McCann flew back to London for a series of meetings about his abducted four-year-old daughter.

It is thought the pickpocket struck at London's Waterloo station, swiping the wallet from his back pocket as Mr McCann bent down to attend to a rucksack. The wallet also contained his driving licence and bank cards.

It seems that the McCanns cannot get any story right ............

LONDON (AFP) - Gerry McCann, the father of the four-year-old girl who disappeared in Portugal last month, had his wallet with pictures of his missing daughter stolen by a pickpocket, a newspaper reported Wednesday.

Susan Healey, mother of his wife Kate McCann, told The Evening Standard that the theft is "another kick in the teeth" since their daughter Madeleine vanished, presumably kidnapped, from a resort in the Algarve on May 3rd.

"Gerry is not clear exactly how his wallet was stolen. He did not see them take it. It contained precious photographs which have now been lost forever," she said.

Healey said the incident occurred Tuesday while he withdrew money from an automatic teller machine near the British Foreign Office in central London.

It was not immediately possible to obtain comment from the Metropolitan Police.

The newspaper said McCann, 49, had flown from Portugal to London to interview candidates to help lead the publicity campaign to find Madeleine.

Photos of missing Madeleine McCann that were snatched by a pickpocket are irreplaceable and were carried by her father for "ages", her family has said.

The girl's relatives are appealing for the return of the touching snaps that were in a wallet stolen from Madeleine's father Gerry this week.

The pictures are thought to be the only ones of their kind and were taken around two years ago when the family lived in Amsterdam.

Mr McCann's brother John, from Glasgow, said: "Gerry had his wallet stolen and there were two pictures of Madeleine taken when they lived in Amsterdam. They were taken around two years ago, before the twins were born.

"The photos meant a lot to Gerry, he had carried them for ages. They are irreplaceable, and we are appealing to whoever took them to hand them back."

The theft happened on Tuesday after Mr McCann flew back to London for a series of meetings about his abducted four-year-old daughter.

It is thought the pickpocket struck at London's Waterloo station, swiping the wallet from his back pocket as Mr McCann bent down to attend to a rucksack. The wallet also contained his driving licence and bank cards.

Because nobody has more than one bank account, and as he was using an cash machine at the time, it could be difficult for a pick-pocket to take a card from inside the ATM.

What's your point mate?

Because nobody has more than one bank account, and as he was using an cash machine at the time, it could be difficult for a pick-pocket to take a card from inside the ATM.

What's your point mate?

Read the post correctly, and note the two different locations the wallet was stolen.

Read the post correctly, and note the two different locations the wallet was stolen.

It certainly seems as though Mr.Mccann is lax when it comes to security,this is an observation, not a slight on the Mccann's before anyone jumps on me.

1) He doesn't lock the patio doors in the apartment on the night Madeleine went missing.

2) He allows about 20 friends into his apartment thus potentially ruining any evidence left at the scene for police to collect.

3) Keeps his wallet in his back pocket, the easiest place for any pickpocket to target!

It certainly seems as though Mr.Mccann is lax when it comes to security,this is an observation, not a slight on the Mccann's before anyone jumps on me.

1) He doesn't lock the patio doors in the apartment on the night Madeleine went missing.

2) He allows about 20 friends into his apartment thus potentially ruining any evidence left at the scene for police to collect.

3) Keeps his wallet in his back pocket, the easiest place for any pickpocket to target!

Would you like to donate to the lost Wallet McCann appeal, buy yellow ribbons, circulate the photo of the wallet once the posters have been printed?

Archived