Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

One person who contacted police was Ray Roberts, from Anglesey, north Wales, who said he saw a girl in Sliema wearing what he said was a jet black wig being told: "Get up little girl" by an Arab-looking man.

That really made me laugh. If this was the case, what kind of thick person would just go on with their day and not think anything of it until later?

you people make me really angry.

21 people in the apartment - 5 mccanns and several maids had already been in the apartment before the child was abducted. upon finding that the child is missing, what would you do? evacuate everyone else and forbid entry whilst one person searches? yeah, of course you would. no doubt you'd be thinking so rationally that you'd calmly request that your friends (you know, the people that you're on holiday with, and who you like and trust) don't help you try to find your missing daughter. would you then deny access to the room by resort staff (who are following a 'missing child' protocol that the resort has in place)? also, once the police arrive, is the first one to arrive entirely in control of a dozen distraught people, and able to prevent them touching anything, moving anything, or continuing to look for the child? yes, it's very unfortunate taht so many people were in there, but hardly surprising, and certainly not something to blame them for. if you were going frantic looking for your child, would you care whether half a dozen resort staff came to help? would you kick them out and tell them not to touch, or would you be offhandishly glad that they were looking, too?

you lot really are enjoying having a good laugh at the mccanns, aren't you? pooch_1, your comment isn't funny.

as for the wallet being stolen - yeah, how many people keep their wallet in their pocket? or is this just another reason to kick the man while he's down? is it really fulfilling to you to take the mick out of him? i'm sure pickpockets are the first thing on gerry mccann's mind. does it actually matter than the media have reported 2 slightly different stories for the wallet being stolen (which, if you read them, don't refute each other - the mother in law said one thing, and the other newspaper clipping says 'it is thought that...', not 'it was...')? NO.

21 people in the apartment - 5 mccanns and several maids had already been in the apartment before the child was abducted. upon finding that the child is missing, what would you do? evacuate everyone else and forbid entry whilst one person searches? yeah, of course you would. no doubt you'd be thinking so rationally that you'd calmly request that your friends (you know, the people that you're on holiday with, and who you like and trust) don't help you try to find your missing daughter. would you then deny access to the room by resort staff (who are following a 'missing child' protocol that the resort has in place)? also, once the police arrive, is the first one to arrive entirely in control of a dozen distraught people, and able to prevent them touching anything, moving anything, or continuing to look for the child? yes, it's very unfortunate taht so many people were in there, but hardly surprising, and certainly not something to blame them for. if you were going frantic looking for your child, would you care whether half a dozen resort staff came to help? would you kick them out and tell them not to touch, or would you be offhandishly glad that they were looking, too?

you lot really are enjoying having a good laugh at the mccanns, aren't you? pooch_1, your comment isn't funny.

as for the wallet being stolen - yeah, how many people keep their wallet in their pocket? or is this just another reason to kick the man while he's down? is it really fulfilling to you to take the mick out of him? i'm sure pickpockets are the first thing on gerry mccann's mind. does it actually matter than the media have reported 2 slightly different stories for the wallet being stolen (which, if you read them, don't refute each other - the mother in law said one thing, and the other newspaper clipping says 'it is thought that...', not 'it was...')? NO.

You should be employed as he's campaign manager as you seem to know everything about the Mc Canns and seem to be his mouthpiece already.

It's like pretending you know a celebrity - get real:loopy:

So, you can't blame them for making the conscious decision of leaving a 4yo alone with two younger children? Leaving the patio door unlocked while they go and enjoy themselves at the other end of the complex? How do you explain that to a child? "I'm sorry, we thought you'd be safe while we went out for a meal for a couple of hours, leaving you alone in the apartment, with all the doors unlocked. We love you really though."

Tell me if I'm wrong, but this doesn't sound like "responsible parenting".

Would you like to donate to the lost Wallet McCann appeal, buy yellow ribbons, circulate the photo of the wallet once the posters have been printed?

No thanks I'll stick to letting 50 balloons go from the roof of my house, I'm sure it will help a lot:rolleyes:

So if your child were "pinched" you would be so devasted that if she were returned you wouldn't be able to cope to such a degree that the child would be better of with the abductor or adopter then?

.......QUOTE]

you quite good at twisting things instead of seeing things for what they are-im trying to look at a brighter side for this case rather than what may have happened. obviously her being returned would be wonderful although now very doubtful. they will obviously need a lot of help either way-whether found or not and whatever condition.

So if your child were "pinched" you would be so devasted that if she were returned you wouldn't be able to cope to such a degree that the child would be better of with the abductor or adopter then?

.......QUOTE]

you quite good at twisting things instead of seeing things for what they are-im trying to look at a brighter side for this case rather than what may have happened.

I haven't twisted it, I asked a question based on your ridiculous post. There is no bright side to her not being with her own family.

Can someone explain to me the logic of letting off a load of balloons in Afghanistan? I can see their reasoning about getting publicity elsewhere, but Afghanistan? Have i missed something? :huh:
It's to get themselves into the paper and on telly and be famous for a millisecond.

It's to get themselves into the paper and on telly and be famous for a millisecond.

Of course; they're releasing balloons in other countries as well to get in the media etc. I was just a bit baffled as to why they've picked Afghanistan as well. It seems a strange choice.

Archived