Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

i think any parent in the world would put every effort into trying to find her - i just feel that the "pc" view because of their social standing has been nowhere near as harsh as it would be for a working class parent leaving a 13 year old home alone.

i would not want to swap places for all the publicity or funding in the world, but then again i would never have risked my child as they did.

my heart wants her to be found ok, but my head is telling me she will be one of the many who aren't.

I just don't understand this business about class and social standing.

I think it's utter rubbish.

I too wonder why they left their kids, why all their friends that they were on holiday with left their kids too. But that hardly matters now does it? Boy are they paying the price.

Why do we need to keep harping on about blame.

Their daughter is missing. Why is blame the predominant issue on here, shouldn't it be compassion???

i think any parent in the world would put every effort into trying to find her - i just feel that the "pc" view because of their social standing has been nowhere near as harsh as it would be for a working class parent leaving a 13 year old home alone.

She was 3, and probably kidnapped by a paedophile.

Cloth cap politics don't apply to this one, honest.

I was told by a friend that all their kids were conceived thro IVF. Is this true ?

And the relevance of this is..............???

Just noticed that the title of this thread is 'allegedly abducted in Portugal'.

So, am I missing something regarding 'allegedly'??

And the relevance of this is..............???

No relevance

Just wanted to know if it was media bull sh*t again ....:rolleyes:

Thought starting a thread on it would maybe be a little harsh

Just noticed that the title of this thread is 'allegedly abducted in Portugal'.

So, am I missing something regarding 'allegedly'?

And to be honest I thought that ....She WAS abducted wasn't she ? :suspect:

there were some comments made during the last thread that implied that quite a lot of people didn't believe that she was abducted, or weren't convinced of it.

Ahhh I see bc ....thank you ...I pulled from that thread a while ago ...Too much scuffle for my liking :D

there were some comments made during the last thread that implied that quite a lot of people didn't believe that she was abducted, or weren't convinced of it.

REALLY..........

So, at the risk of sounding stupid, what did they think had happened to her??

And not knowing the answer to the above paragraph, I'd like to know what evidence they have to support it.

The fighting fund was set up as a response to people trying to hand money to the McCann family, mostly over here in this country.

People have voluntarily donated and as the fund stand as almost £400,000 I think that speaks for itself and how people feel about this case.

I'm sure people that were initially trying to hand over money to the Mccann's would have found a way to get the money to them.

The fact that some people were trying to give them money doesn't really necessitate setting up a special fund for her and then making it public that donations could be made via the specially set up website.

The fact that £400,000 has been generated doesn't make it a "good cause" but merely, thanks largely to the media, that some of the British public have empathized so much with this case that they feel the need to donate.

Let's put it this way, If the media frenzy never started over Madeleine then I somehow doubt that the fund would have reached anywhere near £400,000 by now. As I stated in the previous thread, it's highly likely that the Mccann's media advisor was fully aware of the huge public sympathy, that had been created due to the intense media coverage, that they advised the Mccann's to capitalise on this by setting up the fund.

Just because they can doesn't mean they should. People around the world are suffering everyday, people have to use there life savings to find cures or treatments around the world for themselves or their loved ones,I don't see them setting up special funds for themselves and asking people to donate to their causes. :huh:

I'm sure people that were initially trying to hand over money to the Mccann's would have found a way to get the money to them.

The fact that some people were trying to give them money doesn't really nessitate setting up a special fund for her and them making it public that donations could be made via the specially set up website.

The fact that £400,000 has been generated doesn't make it a "good cause" but merely, thanks largely to the media that some of the British public have empathized so much with this case that they feel the need to donate.

Let's put it this way, If the media frenzy never started over Madeleine then I somehow doubt that the fund would have reached anywhere near £400,000 by now. As I stated in the previous thread, it's highly likely that the Mccann's media advisor was fully aware of the huge public sympathy, that had been created due to the intense media coverage, that they advised the Mccann's to capitalise on this by setting up the fund.

Just because they can doesn't mean they should. People around the world are suffering everyday, people have to use there life savings to find cures or treatments around the world for themselves or their loved ones,I don't see them setting up special funds for themselves and asking people to donate to their causes. :huh:

Aaah, it's a get rich scheme by the McCann's.........??

We should all be having one of our nearest and dearest 'allegedly' abducted, set up a website, and Bob's your Aunties live in lover!! Financial clover for the rest of your life.

All it takes is a three year old........ + 1 paedo........

Oh, and a general public that care.....

Quite an abhorrent recipie, but hey,.......

Some might think they're 'in it for the money'........

But not many.

Archived