Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

How can you suggest this ??? I can't believe you would think it, let alone write it.

I know Lindseyw - it's quite bizarre. I'm waiting for the first poster to claim the McCanns are really giant lizards......won't be long now.......

To be fair, the papers are generating a lot of hype. One claimed that a small child was walking round Malta at 11.30 p.m. wearing a black wig whilst being shouted at in broken English by a fat arab!!! It only took the holiday maker 3 days to report it to the police!!! The journalists who write this crap should be shot.:loopy:

To be fair, the papers are generating a lot of hype. One claimed that a small child was walking round Malta at 11.30 p.m. wearing a black wig whilst being shouted at in broken English by a fat arab!!! It only took the holiday maker 3 days to report it to the police!!! The journalists who write this crap should be shot.:loopy:

You know that this is Hype because ....?

You know this is Crap because ....... ?

Err... a kidnapper walks around Valletta with a small child in a tourist area 40 odd days after when the alledged abduction happened which has been publicised all over Europe.

The said child wearing a wig!!! If that not B.S then what is???:loopy:

I've already posted about why I think this Malta sighting is probably nothing.

But just to recap.

Do you really think the abductors are that dumb as to take Madeleine to a popular British holiday destination, take her to the busiest town in Malta, Valetta where numerous other British and Europeans tourist would be?

Even the police have stated that the Malta sightings significance has been blown out of proprtion. Here's a telling extract from police as reported in the Malta star.

“The only report supported by evidence was made by a person who said saw Madeleine in Zejtun, in the south of Malta. The person had enough sense to get a mobile snap shot of the girl, which resulted not being the young Maddie,” police sources told maltastar.com."

Full report here:

http://www.maltastar.com/pages/msFullArt.asp?an=12995

Turns out this Sun headline story "Arab said "Get Up Little Girl" wasn't entirely accurate......why am I not suprised?:huh:

According to Maltastar.

Police received no report on Maddie from Ray Roberts

Ray Roberts, the man who told ‘The Sun’ that he filed a police report after seeing four year old Maddie McCann late at night in Sliema, has never in fact made any contact with the local enforcement authorities

Full article here:

http://www.maltastar.com/pages/msFullArt.asp?an=13027

How can you suggest this ??? I can't believe you would think it, let alone write it.

That's right, I forgot. People are NEVER devious or take extreme measures when in trouble.

If you'd read one of my earlier posts I said that a small part of me thinks this. Why are you so quick to rule it out?

Am I looking at it too objectively for you because I don't have my own children and as such have no emotional ties with this case? Helping me to look at it from a more rational point of view as opposed to the mass hysteria caused by the media hyping it up and making people feel as though they must be emotional otherwise they're seen as uncaring.

All I'm saying is look at what happened and then honestly tell me that nothing looks in the slightest bit suspicious.

Am I looking at it too objectively for you because I don't have my own children and as such have no emotional ties with this case? Helping me to look at it from a more rational point of view as opposed to the mass hysteria caused by the media hyping it up and making people feel as though they must be emotional otherwise they're seen as uncaring.

All I'm saying is look at what happened and then honestly tell me that nothing looks in the slightest bit suspicious.

It looks suspicious because it has been analysed to death and so any and every scenario no matter how unlikely or ridiculous has been considered just to keep us interested. Realistically there are only 2 scenarios, she has been abducted or she has walked off. Had she walked off and met with an accident she would not have been difficult to find and so that is unlikely or there may have been something which is a combination of both.

The fact that you are not a parent does not make you more objective in this instance. If you were a parent you would realise just how unlikely your suggestion is. I cannot think of any instance where a mother has contemplated let alone carried out such a crime against their own child for money, it simply doesn't happen in Western society.

Please don't say that there is a first time for everything unless you have proof that it has happened.

The fact that you are not a parent does not make you more objective in this instance. If you were a parent you would realise just how unlikely your suggestion is.

I have to defend leviathan on this point Darbees. I think you might have taken leviathan's comment out of context a little Darbees.

I can see leviathan's point, in that because he hasn't got so much emotional attatchment to this case, he doesn't feel as much empathy with the Mccann's as say some mothers or dads with young children have. The mass empathy that has been shown to the Mccann's has led to any criticism or suspion of the Mccaan's as almost sacriledge to some. It is the type of defence some people would use if their family members or friends were accused of a crime that seems out of character for the individual. Given that those vigourously defending the Mccann's have only really known them via the media for less than 2 months it does seem a little strange. The media have made us very familiar with the family calling them by their first names Gerry and Kate and thus has created a false sence of familiarity with the family.

In reality Mr. and Mrs.Mccann are just as much stangers to you or me as are any couple with young children that you see in town centres everyday.

Archived