Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I have been wondering why this hasn't been mentioned before, and hesitated to do so myself, but if the little toy that Madeleine was so fond of could be given to Derek Acorah, (I mention him because he has held antique items and given their history) it's worth a try and I realise there are sceptics, but the police do use psychics in some instances

I have been wondering why this hasn't been mentioned before, and hesitated to do so myself, but if the little toy that Madeleine was so fond of could be given to Derek Acorah, (I mention him because he has held antique items and given their history) it's worth a try and I realise there are sceptics, but the police do use psychics in some instances

It should be DNA they should have taken off the toy, isnt it ?

It should be DNA they should have taken off the toy, isnt it ?

We don't know that the kidnapper handled the toy - do we, and so many could have handled it afterwards, her mother was holding it in the photos I saw in the papers

One thing I don't get

Gerry McCann declared "we would leave no stone unturned" to find Madeleine.

But when a letter or sighting appears in the media, claiming to have info or whatever regarding Madeleine, a statement is immediately released from the McCanns discrediting this. Why?

They may turn out to be hoaxes, but is it not worth a try? They have the means & money to pursue every avenue.

What keeps holding them back?

I would imagine by now that the trail is cold.

We must accept that we are never going to see her again.

By now, if she has been lucky, she will be bonding to new family, and in a few months time will not be the same person as was taken that night.

If she has not been lucky, then God rest her soul, and let us feel sorrow, if we can find it, for her parents for their awful neglect on that night.

What's with the 'we' - she was never ours anyway.

What are you on about now?

I was under the impression that this was an English child who went missing in a foreign country?

When I say 'we' I mean the general populous, which obviously you do not consider yourself to be part of.

(quite rightly so, some might say)

Even though I have no ties with this child. I do hope that she would be found too. I also hope that the couple do not get too dampened by the public's antagonism, but at the same time, I do hope that they will find some peace in their lives too.

I can't imagine what they are going through when they have been in the public eye for so long. It helps and it works against you. I am just surprised at how many people are emotionally tied to this case. When there are just as equally worthy cases too. It just does not make sense.

Archived