Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Aaah, it's a get rich scheme by the McCann's.........??

We should all be having one of our nearest and dearest 'allegedly' abducted, set up a website, and Bob's your Aunties live in lover!! Financial clover for the rest of your life.

All it takes is a three year old........ + 1 paedo........

Oh, and a general public that care.....

Quite an abhorrent recipie, but hey,.......

Some might think they're 'in it for the money'........

But not many.

I didn't actually say they were in it for the money, nor that they set up this whole scenario up to capitalise on the money:huh: (read my posts on this perhaps a little more closely). But many including myself don't believe the fund should have been set up. In this aspect of the case I think they have been ill advised.

Aaah, it's a get rich scheme by the McCann's.........??

We should all be having one of our nearest and dearest 'allegedly' abducted, set up a website, and Bob's your Aunties live in lover!! Financial clover for the rest of your life.

All it takes is a three year old........ + 1 paedo........

Oh, and a general public that care.....

Quite an abhorrent recipie, but hey,.......

Some might think they're 'in it for the money'........

But not many.

Total over-reaction to what Kingmaker was saying ...

I didn't actually say they were in it for the money, nor that they set up this whole scenario up to capitalise on the money:huh: (read my posts on this perhaps a little more closely). But many including myself don't believe the fund should have been set up. In this aspect of the case I think they have been ill advised.

Please explain.

I would assume you don't have kids.

And that IS an assumption.

If it funds the finding (shocking English) of Madeleine, the means justifies the cause.

I quite agree.

Well, It's an opinion to which you are entitled.

I think agree to disagree on this particularly emotive one.

She is/was 3 and nicked (allegedly) by a paedo........ so some slack in your self rightious pontificating............. 'working class and 13 years old' hardly helps anything does it???

If funds have been generated by the parents, good bloody luck! If any other parents of missing children want to generate funds to find their missing children.......

GOOD BLOODY LUCK!!

Don't knock them for doing what is right and proper for a parent. If the other parents don't, well that's up to them. THEY have generated this publicity, HOPEFULLY to find their daughter...... can't fault what they are doing. Knock the press if you want..... they sell newspapers, but that is another issue altogether.

Bed beckons,

Dodger.

Well, It's an opinion to which you are entitled.

I think agree to disagree on this particularly emotive one.

She is/was 3 and nicked (allegedly) by a paedo........ so some slack in your self rightious pontificating............. 'working class and 13 years old' hardly helps anything does it???

If funds have been generated by the parents, good bloody luck! If any other parents of missing children want to generate funds to find their missing children.......

GOOD BLOODY LUCK!!

Don't knock them for doing what is right and proper for a parent. If the other parents don't, well that's up to them. THEY have generated this publicity, HOPEFULLY to find their daughter...... can't fault what they are doing. Knock the press if you want..... they sell newspapers, but that is another issue altogether.

Bed beckons,

Dodger.

Who exactly are you accusing of self-righteous pontificating? The qoute immediately following that remark wasn't made by me.

I think it is time to face facts, there is very little chance of the girl still being alive after this amount of time and with all the publicity the person or persons responsible would have been panicking. Not a very nice thought and I hope I am wrong.

Please explain.

I would assume you don't have kids.

And that IS an assumption.

If it funds the finding (shocking English) of Madeleine, the means justifies the cause.

Am I to assume that you do have kids then? (but that really has little to do with this particular argument anyway)

I also assume that you donated to this fund, and of course you are free to donate money to whom ever you want to. I however prefer to donate money to good causes that help the many rather than just one single individual, whom up until 4 weeks ago, practically none of those that have donated to the fund knew nothing about Madeleine Mccann's existence much less cared about her.

If you care to read my previous posts properly then you might understand where I'm coming from.

Did anyone else see Garry McCann put his foot in his mouth again, before they met the pope? In an interview he said "We are excited at getting an audience with the Pope, it will be one of the highlights in our life" then he added "The sad thing is that Madeline is not here to share this moment with us" ........ Neither were the twins Mr McCann, where did you leave those whilst you journeyed to Rome?

Archived