Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I think it may be that the McCanns are so appalled by the thousands of crimes against children that they feel compelled to highlight it.

After all, many on here have been bleating 'what about other kids' and now that the McCanns are fighting not only for their daughter but for children everywhere they're still in the wrong.:rolleyes:

Attention and publicity.

Daddy, I can't fathom your obsessive hostility towards the McCanns on this thread. They probably know better than anyone that they made a mistake on the night in question and no doubt are suffering for it grievously. Given the enormity of what has happened, I think their behaviour is perfectly explicable, even though it may seem irrational or even pointless. There is such as thing as being deranged by trauma, so that a person or persons will behave in ways which do not seem fully rational or sensible to outsiders. Give them a break.

Daddy, I can't fathom your obsessive hostility towards the McCanns on this thread. They probably know better than anyone that they made a mistake on the night in question and no doubt are suffering for it grievously. Given the enormity of what has happened, I think their behaviour is perfectly explicable, even though it may seem irrational or even pointless. There is such as thing as being deranged by trauma, so that a person or persons will behave in ways which do not seem fully rational or sensible to outsiders. Give them a break.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with your post LordC. We're all aware that the McCanns made a mistake, but most of us don't feel the need to find something to criticise in their every action. I can't imagine their lives ever returning to what they were, whatever happens.

We will have to agree to disagree then im afraid.

The reason for my 'obsessive hostility' as you call it is simple.

Their behaviour from start to finnish has been odd to say the least. The fact they did what they did should be called into question by the authorities immediatly, instead they are seen as victims when infact they are the reason their daughter went missing in the first place.

Its a pity they arent from the manor or the cross as im sure they would have been brought to task for their neglect and not seen as brave, caring parents.

They really make me feel quite sick and i hope they eventualy get what they deserve.

As for giving them a break? They dont deserve a break.

Ms Macbeth, most people dont have the nuts to say what they really think. Youd be supprised how many people actualy think the way i do but are too afraid of the what the bleeding hearts brigade will label them as so they keep quiet and go with the flow.

We will have to agree to disagree then im afraid.

The reason for my 'obsessive hostility' as you call it is simple.

Their behaviour from start to finnish has been odd to say the least. The fact they did what they did should be called into question by the authorities immediatly, instead they are seen as victims when infact they are the reason their daughter went missing in the first place.

Its a pity they arent from the manor or the cross as im sure they would have been brought to task for their neglect and not seen as brave, caring parents.

They really make me feel quite sick and i hope they eventualy get what they deserve.

As for giving them a break? They dont deserve a break.

Ms Macbeth, most people dont have the nuts to say what they really think. Youd be supprised how many people actualy think the way i do but are too afraid of the what the bleeding hearts brigade will label them as so they keep quiet and go with the flow.

I don't know that they ARE seen as brave and caring parents.

Most people are sympathetic to the fact that their daughter is missing and is being held by heaven knows who.

They were irresponsible. So are a GREAT many parents, go into town any day of the week and you will see that. Most people get away with taking chances with their children's safety and we never get to hear about it.

I think your level of hostility is quite odd to be honest.

The McCanns made a mistake.

Most children who are abducted are taken because a responsible adult has momentarily taken their eyes off their child or the child is out playing by itself.

It could be argued that their parents were also neglectful.

What the McCanns did was not right but I'm saving my venom for the evil pigs who took Madeleine and for all those scum out there who think they can commit horrendous crimes against vulnerable children.

I don't know that they ARE seen as brave and caring parents.

Most people are sympathetic to the fact that their daughter is missing and is being held by heaven knows who.

They were irresponsible. So are a GREAT many parents, go into town any day of the week and you will see that. Most people get away with taking chances with their children's safety and we never get to hear about it.

I think your level of hostility is quite odd to be honest.

The McCanns made a mistake.

Most children who are abducted are taken because a responsible adult has momentarily taken their eyes off their child or the child is out playing by itself.

It could be argued that their parents were also neglectful.

What the McCanns did was not right but I'm saving my venom for the evil pigs who took Madeleine and for all those scum out there who think they can commit horrendous crimes against vulnerable children.

Thats the beauty of living in a democracy, we can all have our opinions and what ive said is mine. I can be far more venomous about the McCanns but i choose not to be for the fact i do appreciate not eveyone shares my view. All i will say is that they seem to be enjoying the limelight a little too much for my liking and i hope they never forget what their irrispnsable and neglectful actions have done to their little girl.

Lets just hope they keep a better eye on the other two.

I think it may be that the McCanns are so appalled by the thousands of crimes against children that they feel compelled to highlight it.

After all, many on here have been bleating 'what about other kids' and now that the McCanns are fighting not only for their daughter but for children everywhere they're still in the wrong.:rolleyes:

Really?

Why is it only now that they concern themselves with these crimes?:huh:

Surely they weren't naive enough to think that these crimes didn't occur to children before Madeleine's disapearance?

It looks to me as if their new "campaign manager" trying to give the Mccann's a more caring image and at the same time trying to keep Madeleine's case in the news.

Archived