Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Dearie me, they would far rather have their daughter with them than meet the pope. That's obvious to most people.

perhaps they should have thought "we'd rather have our daughter than an adult only night out, abandoning a 3 year old and two 2 year olds for no real purpose"

thats obvious to everyone ,surely.

The family have said that whatever money is left after finding Madeleine will go towards finding other children.

I agree with your post entirely but I think you'll find on this thread there are too many people who would rather finger wag at the McCanns and find fault with all their efforts to find their daughter. Odd I know but there you go.:confused:

i agree with this opinion and that of billyhill's to which you refer.

i find no fault with their efforts to find their daughter - i just find their efforts to protect their daughter in the first place less than pathetic and the excuses why to be more pathetic than that.

perhaps they should have thought "we'd rather have our daughter than an adult only night out, abandoning a 3 year old and two 2 year olds for no real purpose"

thats obvious to everyone ,surely.

It certainly is.

No one agrees that leaving such young children on their own was a sensible thing to do. That has been established. I just don't see the need to keep going on about it.

They did wrong. They are now suffering. As is Madeleine. Even if no one is doing her harm she must surely be very frightened and missing her family.

What more is to be said on what they did?

It certainly is.

No one agrees that leaving such young children on their own was a sensible thing to do. That has been established. I just don't see the need to keep going on about it.

They did wrong. They are now suffering. As is Madeleine. Even if no one is doing her harm she must surely be very frightened and missing her family.

What more is to be said on what they did?

i don't think anything extra can be added on the issue, it just sticks in the craw of lots of people that a 3 year old is possibly suffering - and my only thoughts are with her,yet the press and families involved have had the audacity to direct blame at the police and the resort.

i think the pertinent point is "they did wrong.they are now suffering" and suffer they should - but the child shouldn't be.

Barking mad seems quite appropriate for you.

If you'd rather bitch at a family that is going through the worst time in their life then I'm sorry for you.

So you just get on with your bitter ramblings.

I have no sympathy for anyone that neglects their children, just so they can enjoy themselves. My ramblings are not in the least bit bitter, I just point out the facts that the McCanns keep putting their feet in their mouths. They deserve to suffer, for the suffering they have caused their daughter Madeline. Had they stayed with the children like responsible parents, then Madeline might just still be here. I would still like to hear why they didn't use the child minding service offered to them. Perhaps you could answer that one bagger, the McCanns can't, and being as you seem to be so well informed of facts that no one else knows about, please enlighten us.

I have no sympathy for anyone that neglects their children, just so they can enjoy themselves. My ramblings are not in the least bit bitter, I just point out the facts that the McCanns keep putting their feet in their mouths. They deserve to suffer, for the suffering they have caused their daughter Madeline. Had they stayed with the children like responsible parents, then Madeline might just still be here. I would still like to hear why they didn't use the child minding service offered to them. Perhaps you could answer that one bagger, the McCanns can't, and being as you seem to be so well informed of facts that no one else knows about, please enlighten us.

I find this sort of callousness staggeringly coldhearted. They deserve to suffer? What kind of a thing to say is that?

If they deserve to suffer then I guess you'd be quite chuffed if she's never found - or found dead.

I find this sort of callousness staggeringly coldhearted. They deserve to suffer? What kind of a thing to say is that?

If they deserve to suffer then I guess you'd be quite chuffed if she's never found - or found dead.

The chances are that because of all the publicity the child may be dead, I hope to god that she isn't, but whoever took her will not want to be caught with her. And no, the child coming to harm would not make me chuffed, that is staggeringly callous of you to say that. I stand by what I said, there was a baby sitting service, they chose not to use it, and left the children unattended. The checking every 30 minutes is bunkem, anything could have happened between checks, and it did. They neglected their children, so suffering is the price they now have to pay.

would the baby-sitting service mean a sitter to every child that was staying there, or would the sitter just pop in every so often, how many sitters would be employed, enough to go round?

I honestly can't answer that cressida, but I would imagine that it would be something like a creche as opposed to individual sitters for each child, but I honestly don't know.

Here's a thought.

Given that there is a high probability that the girl may never be found, and that most avenues of enquiry seem exhausted, at what point will the media lose interest in this story and move on to something else?

Archived