Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

The last paragraph of Parris's piece suns it up nicely -

''The whole disgusting business, the whole media-driven infatuation with this little girl and her parents, the whole sick, morbid, sentimental campaign of news generation and news manipulation, has been a disgrace to the British media.''

Yea Mrseggy what is the point your are making?:confused:

Not trying to make any point and certainly dont want to enter a debate about it either, that is why i never replied when halibut asked the same question, i simply came across this photo on well known parenting forum, having not seen the photo before i posted it here thats all.

Anyway why do i need to make a point to post something anyway ??? :huh:

Not trying to make any point and certainly dont want to enter a debate about it either, that is why i never replied when halibut asked the same question, i simply came across this photo on well known parenting forum, having not seen the photo before i posted it here thats all.

Anyway why do i need to make a point to post something anyway ??? :huh:

Err whats the point of posting it, if you don't make a point about it??:confused:

Anyway since you are reluctant to tell us what you think about the photo, I'll tell you what I think:

The guy with the bald head may well be, either a friend of the Mccann family, or he is a member of staff at the complex. Judging by the way he is attired particularly his jeans/trousers, he looks more likely to be a resident or local rather than a holiday maker.

The second set of pictures look like they are following a policeman with a sniffer dog. Robert Murat was the translator at the time the investigation got under way, so its no suprise to see him there, as for the bald guy, well again if he is another local resident or member of staff, friendly with the Mccanns ,then again ,no real suprise that he is also there helping the police on their search for Madeleine.

Err whats the point of posting it if you don't make a point about it??:confused:

Anyway since you are reluctant to tell us what you think about the photo, I'll tell you what I think:

The guy with the bald head may well be either a friend of the Mccann family or he is a member of staff of at the complex. Judging by the way he is attired paticuarly his jeans/trousers, he looks more likely to be a resident or local rather than a holiday maker.

The second set of pictures look like they are following a policeman with a sniffer dog. Robert Murat was the translator at the time the investigation got under way, so its no suprise to see him there, as for the bald guy, well again if he is another local resident or member of staff friendly with the Mccans then again no suprise that he is also there helping to look.

Yes i see you point now, thankyou

i was just reluctant to reply to your earlier post as i have seen things get a bit heated on this thread, :)

Remember the picture of Gerry McCann playing with the children in a playground on their holiday and there was a bald guy with sunglasses in the background? the picture quickly disappeared presumably because they can't divulge any information about the case. Well, the same guy is also pictured a few days later with Robert Murat

If I was making a guess I'd say it was Matthew Oldfield, but I could be wrong. Given that there are police officers in the pictures I don't think that they show anything untoward.

Here are some of the other dramatis personae:

Russell O'Brien

Rachael Oldfield and Fiona Payne

Quiz mistress and aerobics instructor:

Natalie Chekay

I've seen a picture of Jane Tanner - which I think appeared in the Mail, but can't lay my hands on it now.

A tube of smarties - virtual ones - to any SF member who can post a picture of the rest of the 'Tapas 9' (apart from Gerry and Kate).

The last paragraph of Parris's piece suns it up nicely -

''The whole disgusting business, the whole media-driven infatuation with this little girl and her parents, the whole sick, morbid, sentimental campaign of news generation and news manipulation, has been a disgrace to the British media.''

True.

But the real disgrace is that someone thinks they can just help themselves to a four year old.

(yes, yes, we know it was a disgrace that she was left alone etc...)

Archived