Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

would the baby-sitting service mean a sitter to every child that was staying there, or would the sitter just pop in every so often, how many sitters would be employed, enough to go round?

from the info i gleaned regarding other people returning part of it was a creche facility where you took the children to the facility.

some returning guests stated " why should they have to walk 15minutes to a creche just to leave the children for an hour or two" - presumably to prevent your child being kidnapped.

I find this sort of callousness staggeringly coldhearted. They deserve to suffer? What kind of a thing to say is that?

If they deserve to suffer then I guess you'd be quite chuffed if she's never found - or found dead.

I agree with you totally. But it seems some want their pound of flesh come what may.

would the baby-sitting service mean a sitter to every child that was staying there, or would the sitter just pop in every so often, how many sitters would be employed, enough to go round?

I don't know about the babysitting service but the child minding service they were offering was exactly the same as the McCanns and their friends were doing - popping into the apartment to check every so often.

I honestly can't answer that cressida, but I would imagine that it would be something like a creche as opposed to individual sitters for each child, but I honestly don't know.

a creche perhaps in the daytime, but I don't think at night time, the McCanns had three children for a start, someone would have to be paid until the parents got back or the child could be snatched in a similar way, i.e. keeping watch when the parents left and dashing in (perhaps with chloroform) not risking the child yelling

Unless something pretty spectacular happens on BB I doubt the world's media will be too interested in a reality show.

Have a look at todays "top stories" in the papers that had Madeleine on the front page for the last few weeks.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/

Old news doesn't sell papers.

I agree with you totally. But it seems some want their pound of flesh come what may.

I assume that you feel it is ok for parents to neglect their children then :loopy: maybe I was a bad parent then, keeping a close eye on my daughter, and never leaving her unattended on holiday in foreign countries. If we went out for a meal, she came with us. When we were at home and we were going out at night we got a registered childminder to babysit for us, we would never, ever leave her on her own for 3 minutes, let alone 30 minutes. But whatever, if you wish to defend people that neglect their children, and then pay the ultimate price, that is up to you. The only person suffering needlessly IMO is madeline, who will be missing her brother and sister, and the sorry excuses she has for parents. My thoughts and prayers are with Madeline.

Archived