Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Sadly we have no choice due to legal reasons. We can talk around subjects carefully and we expect contributers to walk that careful line. It's not for discussion on this thread.

Thanks.

Thanks Tony,

A reasonable reply which I understand.

It would be helpful that when a post is removed the contributor is sent a reason why. I know this is hard due to time, but it would help people understand.

I had a problem the other week when a post of mine was removed for no reason and it took days to get it back again there was me left asking why and no one would tell me.

Im happy for you to delete away and my question above.

Wasn't suggest they did it, just think people who were so adamant that they weren't involved have egg on their face today. My guess is that it was an accident that was covered up by someone. Why would a killer/ abductor hang around to wash blood off the walls/ floor ? Just asking questions that should be obvious to everyone especially the police. Being a Genealogist makes me have a mind like a detective and when things don't add up I question them.

I read an article in the Mail Online about a month ago.

I make no other comment, except to say to posters that if you choose to read it:-

Avoid commenting/posting on the article please!

Kindly treat it as a "read only" contribution

Forum Moderators please note that this article is obviously already in the public domain. Please delete this post if you think it would be right to do so.

Mail Online Article

If it turns out that the parents did do it then the tabloid media will be pulling off one of the biggest reverse ferrets of all time. I'd be very interested to see exactly how they play it.

What makes you think they'll "play" anything? They'll just completely ignore everything they've written for the last three months, and pretend they never did support the parents.

Witness the Sun's big headline the day after the 1992 (or was it '87?) election: "IT'S THE SUN WOT WON IT!" and their defiant insistence at all later dates that claiming a newspaper could influence the outcome of a general election was patently stupid. The reason they kept insisting that? Because the Mirror were accusing the Sun of having abused their position as a newspaper by trying to persuade people to vote Tory, and trying to force some public authority or other to impose punishment; the selfsame Mirror, that is, which ran on election day a front page consisting entirely of just two words: VOTE LABOUR.

Hypocrite? Moi?

It's all very mysterious.

My questions would be:

- If she was killed accidentally, why would they cover it up?

- If she was killed by her parents (either intentionally or by accident), how would they know of somewhere to conceal the body where it could not be found? How familiar are they with the surroundings? Have they visited there before? How far into their holiday were they?

- If they had killed her accidentally surely they would have been more visibly shaken prior to the time they reported their daughter's disappearance? Surely those they had a meal with would have noticed some difference in them?

Apparently there are a series of questions the police want to ask the parents but cannot do so unless they are officially declared suspects - which seems to be the reason they are taking this step. Also there are apparently some discrepencies between the account given by Kate McCann and that told by her husband.

Unless this little girl can be found, either dead or alaive, then I don't think we'll ever know what happened and who was responsible.

Because of the fact that I keep getting told off when I state my opinions on this matter,and no I am not getting at the mods more like the laws which govern things like this,I am going to say this

I am a Father and a grandfather and if my child/grandchild had gone missing from an hotel in Portugal it would have taken the whole of the Portugese army and Police force combined to move me from the hotel,never mind the country,until my loved one had been found be it alive or dead,there is no way I would have gone swanning around the world,and that is my comment as a man,women I believe would have been even more resolute in their refusal to leave.I will leave it that for you to think about and make your own minds up on the reactions of the parents

I am a Father and a grandfather and if my child/grandchild had gone missing from an hotel in Portugal it would have taken the whole of the Portugese army and Police force combined to move me from the hotel,never mind the country,until my loved one had been found be it alive or dead,

If there were a credible reason to believe that the child had turned up in Spain, I think you might change your stance on that; but, fair point. It has, sometimes, started to look like they're milking the disappearance of their child in order to get free holidays abroad; I don't know if that's the truth, but it's often LOOKED like it.

Archived