Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

My first post on this thread, though I have followed it for a while.

I would be very surprised if either of the parents were directly involved in the disappearance of their daughter.

Like everyone else, I have absolutely no idea what has happened to the poor girl and fear we may never know for sure.

As a mum, I can't begin to imagine what Madeleine's mum is going through, even the thought of it makes me feel sick.

We all know (or should do by now) that the media can make or break people and a lot of what is written (in newspapers) is not based on fact. It would be better for everyone if we were all a little less judgemental and took a more pragmatic approach to cases such as this. Obviously when young children are involved the whole issue becomes emotive, all the more reason to reserve judgement IMHO

If there were a credible reason to believe that the child had turned up in Spain, I think you might change your stance on that; but, fair point. It has, sometimes, started to look like they're milking the disappearance of their child in order to get free holidays abroad; I don't know if that's the truth, but it's often LOOKED like it.

I know what your saying but there is Two parents involved here One could have gone investigating the sightings and the other stayed,but theres been no sighting as far as I believe in some of the countries they have been to,unless the Pope was a suspect

BBC are now reporting that she's officially been given suspect status now... as a result of blood particles found in a hire car the McCanns hired 25 days after the reported disappearance.

Very strange.. does that suggest that they had contact with the little girls dead body weeks after she disappeared or am I misunderstanding something?

I suppose it could mean that some particles eventually found their way into the car indirectly..

BBC are now reporting that she's officially been given suspect status now... as a result of blood particles found in a hire car the McCanns hired 25 days after the reported disappearance.

Very strange.. does that suggest that they had contact with the little girls dead body weeks after she disappeared or am I misunderstanding something?

I suppose it could mean that some particles eventually found their way into the car indirectly..

Perhaps it suggests that something that was in contact with Maddie at the time of her disappearance was put into the car at some later point and contaminated the car with evidence?

It's far more likely to mean the latter than the former, although the former is just about possible.

Difficult to speculate in any detail without violating the Forum's (sensible) policy on not risking contempt of court. Let's just say that if Person A's blood,dna, or other traces keep turning up in places that Person B is known to have been, it begins to look more and more as though Person B is implied in Person A's disappearance.

No. The BBC are reporting that a family spokeswoman has said she has been formally declared a suspect by the Portuguese police.

Not yet "official", though. Is it?

No. The BBC are reporting that a family spokeswoman has said she has been formally declared a suspect by the Portuguese police.

Not yet "official", though. Is it?

I doubt the familys spokesperson would lie about it. But technically you're right.

Perhaps it suggests that something that was in contact with Maddie at the time of her disappearance was put into the car at some later point and contaminated the car with evidence?

I'm sure that if almost any home where children live were to be checked, evidence of that child's blood (trace rather than large amounts) would be found- children cut their knees and have all sorts of bumps and bruises during normal life. The evidence of small amounts of DNA or blood is not conclusive of any crime being committed.

Just the other night my BF asked me to scratch his back for him and after I'd done it he said 'you need to hope that nothing bad happens to me while you've got my epithelial cells under your fingernails' and that's true- we all leave cells and trace evidence everywhere we go and at any time that evidence could be used to concoct a case against any of us unless there was other evidence on which to convict.

Archived