Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Who, if anyone hired the car before the McCanns? :suspect:

Fair question: but which is more likely, assuming that Madeleine's traces have been found in a hire car loaned to the McCann family - that the traces got there from the McCann family, or that out of all the hire cars available in the entire country of Portugal, they happened to get the one that the abductor/murderer person had been using a few weeks previously?

A good copper would investigate both possibilities, but he'd weight them as well according to the likelihood of their happening.

I'm sure that if almost any home where children live were to be checked, evidence of that child's blood (trace rather than large amounts) would be found- children cut their knees and have all sorts of bumps and bruises during normal life. The evidence of small amounts of DNA or blood is not conclusive of any crime being committed.

Just the other night my BF asked me to scratch his back for him and after I'd done it he said 'you need to hope that nothing bad happens to me while you've got my epithelial cells under your fingernails' and that's true- we all leave cells and trace evidence everywhere we go and at any time that evidence could be used to concoct a case against any of us unless there was other evidence on which to convict.

Oh I quite agree - it certainly doesn't sound like they've found streams of blood or anything like that. I suppose as the car was hired sometime after Madeleine disappeared, she never personally travelled in it, so this would rule out any direct contamination. However, of course it doesn't rule out that other items of Madeleine's put into the car didn't have blood traces on them and led to contamination. The blood traces could well have arisen in the same way as those in the room she disappeared from. I think I read somewhere that the blood traces there were so small they couldn't be seen with the naked eye - hence why they were only found by sniffer dogs. So it's perfectly reasonable that other items may have traces that were not seen at the time and returned to her parents, who in turn put them in the car.

Didn't they say that they wouldn't return home to the UK until she had been found??

As with most parents who've just had one of their children vanish, they said a lot of things which don't hold up to rational scrutiny. Nobody expects the parent of a recently-disappeared child to be rational, and nobody holds them to whatever rash promises they made at the time.

Didn't they say that they wouldn't return home to the UK until she had been found??

i thought so too, but i'm sure i did see reports in some press last week that they were going to have to return to normality - and earning a living.

i'm not criticising them for whichever decision they made - it just wasn't a surprise for me that they were suddenly being re-interviewed. i would assume that if they become " a suspect" under Portugese law they can't return to the UK.

i thought so too, but i'm sure i did see reports in some press last week that they were going to have to return to normality - and earning a living.

i'm not criticising them for whichever decision they made - it just wasn't a surprise for me that they were suddenly being re-interviewed. i would assume that if they become " a suspect" under Portugese law they can't return to the UK.

Might it be due due to the fact that Plod in England just may want to interview them over here and like them or not the serious mesters at Scotland Yard get the job done,theyve got a little bit more savvy than the Portugese police will ever have.

Sky News reporting that Kate McCann 'may be charged':

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,70131-1283158,00.html

If this is true I think it may be safe to assume that she has admitted something otherwise they would be talking about a murder charge,if it is true it will show what a callous person she is, allowing all the hype and everything knowing full well that it was all a con,Im afraid whatever the facts,be it an accident or whatever public opinion about her is about to change dramatically.

Archived