Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

I think that this may be the most relevant piece of this particular law

What action can be taken against an arguido?

Under Portuguese law, a person must be declared an arguido before they are arrested or charged with any criminal offence. Arrests or charges can only be made when there is sufficient evidence.

However, the police can place restrictions on the movements of arguidos. They may be ordered not to leave the country or have to report to police stations.

In the case of Mrs McCann, this will stop her returning to Britain with her family as she had planned this Sunday. She may have to stay at a given address and sign an identity and residence statement.

I think that this may be the most relevant piece of this particular law

Under Portuguese law, a person must be declared an arguido before they are arrested or charged with any criminal offence. Arrests or charges can only be made when there is sufficient evidence.

It may be ... but it may not. We don't know, we're not Portuguese police officers.

:hihi: comes back for 1 last time to leave you sad people in your own little worlds :hihi:

Police must also declare a person arguido if they want to put certain lines of questions, which can imply they are a suspect. This gives the person more legal protection.

END OF!!

it also prevents them leaving the country which was planned allegedly for Sunday.

I thought the law was "innocent" until proven "Guilty" too many people judging before they know the facts, as usual :roll:

It seems to may that the fact that she may be involved is there for all to see.

Let me just say this, Im not a big fan of the police but to give them their due when they decide to act on their suspicions invariably they are correct.OK they have been exceptions but according to 99% of this forum the police are always right,yet in this situation,the same people who usually back the police to the hilt are still adamant that they have got it wrong..Crazy people:huh:

I don't think your claim of "99% " of this forum is correct, there's thousands of members on here, have you asked them all ?

As for the police, they have been known in the past to make a muddle of things, too much speculation and not enuff facts.

As with most parents who've just had one of their children vanish, they said a lot of things which don't hold up to rational scrutiny. Nobody expects the parent of a recently-disappeared child to be rational, and nobody holds them to whatever rash promises they made at the time.

Well that's me told :roll:

I don't think your claim of "99% " of this forum is correct, there's thousands of members on here, have you asked them all ?

As for the police, they have been known in the past to make a muddle of things, too much speculation and not enuff facts.

U sure? check other threads concerning legal issues and see the response

I think I said that ,but if I started a thread on here proclaiming Hanratty's innocence I'll bet the response would be against me,even by people who nothing about the case,they would say the police were right and thats fact.

U sure? check other threads concerning legal issues and see the response

I think I said that ,but if I started a thread on here proclaiming Hanratty's innocence I'll bet the response would be against me,even by people who nothing about the case,they would say the police were right and thats fact.

I'm not sure about this. My own opinion, and that of many people I know, is that often the police are not always to be trusted.

Archived