Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

because at least now its possibly halted the hostility on here.

I dont think its a question of hostility,its more a question of has the woman been stringing every body along,if she has then the hostility will start,or rather I dont think it will because all her backers on here will be left looking complete fools and will more than likely "go missing"..Let me just say that if they get somebody else for whatevers happened to the girl I will be the first to apologise and eat humble pie,but as it stands and until the case is finally closed with a positve decision and not left open and pending I will always suspect one or other of the parents..lack of proof does not mean innocence

i did mean between those for and against - everyone's entitled to an opinion about the issue, but blatant speculation of who did what and why justs winds everyone up.

lack of proof does also mean it's wrong to accuse or vindicate.

I have wading through this thread, and must admit I haven't read it all, but...

if Kate McCann did have anything to do with Madelains disappearance/death, how and why did she do it, and did she manage to do it all by herself?

I think the parents are not guilty of any crime other than being neglectful by leaving their 3 children unattended/unsupervised properly.

I said the same on my first post on this thread.

What mother would go through IVF treatment to have children and be involved in the disappearance, or worse, than one of them?

It makes no sense that could ever happen.

I think the parents are not guilty of any crime other than being neglectful by leaving their 3 children unattended/unsupervised properly.

I said the same on my first post on this thread.

What mother would go through IVF treatment to have children and be involved in the disappearance, or worse, than one of them?

It makes no sense that could ever happen.

IVF is not really an issue here, but how many other adults have killed their own children over the years? This isn't an isolated case, or unique by any means. It makes absolutely no sense that any child could be murdered or go missing, but all this talk is just speculation. Nor does it make sense that anyone can commit any murder, then coldly set up a plan to dispose of the body - but it happens.

Its an awful situation, but no one except the person responsible, and the Portuguese authorities have any real knowledge of the case.

I'm not going to defend the Mcanns - why should I? I've never met them, and probably never will, but I hope for the childs sake that the 'truth' will out, no matter what the facts are,or who is involved.

And yes, I am a parent, and know what it is to go through IVF.

I'm not going to defend the Mcanns

but I hope for the childs sake that the 'truth' will out, no matter what the facts are,or who is involved.

I am not defending the McCanns per se, but I, like you, hope the truth will out, whatever the outcome.

I guess I'm just an older chap riddled with "old-fashioned" ideals and perceptions. :|

i did mean between those for and against - everyone's entitled to an opinion about the issue, but blatant speculation of who did what and why justs winds everyone up.

lack of proof does also mean it's wrong to accuse or vindicate.

I totally agree. Whoever is right or wrong here has no bearing on what happened to the missing child, and that surely the fact that she is still missing is more important than scoring points! I've tried to keep an open mind about the whole scenario, and will continue to do so until something factual is reported.

The saddest thing for me on the thread is the almost pleased reaction from some people to the suggestion that the parents might have had a hand in her disappearance.

Archived