Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

yeah many mmed and scoffed at poor parenting .. oh to be on holiday and go out for a meal! yep, like many others dont! Madelines mum did, does that make a mother a suspect in killing her own child??

No, thats what puts a child at risk of danger etc. It was poor parenting! Has it been said if it was the only night they did this?

I have held suspicions and doubts on this case from day 1.

All i will say is, if you say something loud enough and enough times you will start to believe it yourself.

The police use the media to manipulate people ... they used it this way in the case of Tracey Andrews. A few others whose names i can't remember... there was a case in London I remember about 1989 where the boyfriend claimed he'd left the girlfriend called Rachel a studentat the train station. He'd actually wrapped her in a carpet and put her under the floorboards. He made a big song and dance. And the father, I can see his face, blue glasses like Dennis Taylor looking, the daughter had not been married very long, he made countless appeals on the telly...

I always remember this particular case too when there's a case of a disappearance or something similar, and something just doesn't feel quite right (beyond the obvious). You can't put your finger on it, but you know there's something very wrong. I remember watching the boyfriend in the case above give an appeal on the news for witnesses/help for the police, etc at the time - and having this really weirded out feeling about it, the whole thing just felt wrong. He turned out to be the murderer...

Unfortunately, I've had that feeling of 'something not being quite right' about the Madeleine case from the very beginning.

It's all so very sad, it really is a tragedy all round, whatever has happened.

StarSparkle

I always remember this particular case too when there's a case of a disappearance or something similar, and something just doesn't feel quite right (beyond the obvious). You can't put your finger on it, but you know there's something very wrong. I remember watching the boyfriend in the case above give an appeal on the news for witnesses/help for the police, etc at the time - and having this really weirded out feeling about it, the whole thing just felt wrong. He turned out to be the murderer...

Unfortunately, I've had that feeling of 'something not being quite right' about the Madeleine case from the very beginning.

It's all so very sad, it really is a tragedy all round, whatever has happened.

StarSparkle

There was the father of the yound woman , who'd just got married as well, that father went missing and turned out the daughter died at the hand of her father a few years back, . Then the 2 lovely young girls who were Man Utd fans, and it was the school caretaker who told all those lies on tv and the pleas for help, to name but a few. It sickens the stomach to think though how many horrid twist there have been. But these parents have done so much to try and find their daughter surely, it's just daft assumption based on possible speculation. It will as someone has put a few pages ack, be amazing if this case is solved truthfully and clearly it seems as time goes on. Still same, just hope they find Madeline safe.

There was the father of the yound woman , who'd just got married as well, that father went missing and turned out the daughter died at the hand of her father a few years back, . Then the 2 lovely young girls who were Man Utd fans, and it was the school caretaker who told all those lies on tv and the pleas for help, to name but a few. It sickens the stomach to think though how many horrid twist there have been. But these parents have done so much to try and find their daughter surely, it's just daft assumption based on possible speculation. It will as someone has put a few pages ack, be amazing if this case is solved truthfully and clearly it seems as time goes on. Still same, just hope they find Madeline safe.

Amen to that.

StarSparkle

The police handling of this has all seemed a bit Keystone cops for me, and the media seem to have appointed themselves judge jury and executioner.

It's funny how we've all suddenly become police investigative experts ,and some can critise the police investigation when really they have no knowledge or experience of how a police investigation really works, other than that gleaned off TV detective shows and the media.:huh: How many other criminal cases have ever gotten this much attention by the world's media, where every little thing the Portugusese police do or don't do gets scrutinised, by largely a public that has no inkling of what the Portuguses police have been facing or the legal restrictions that they have had to comply with.

How many other cases have those that make the "keystone cops" allegations ever followed?

Much of the critism of the Portuguese police have come from the media and they have been happy to peddle stories of Portuguses police incompetence, because it sells papers.:suspect:

People need to understand that not every major crime ever gets solved, and not all missing people ever get found, we all remember Ben Needham, but also there are other high profile cases with Genette Tate, Suzy Lamplugh and even Lord Lucan, with the latter 3 the British Police were at the helm of those investigations, but I don't think people ever called the police "keystone cops" in those particular cases.

Unforunately the media has turned this case into a distatesful reality soap opera, but the simple fact is that this isn't a TV show like CSI or Inspector Morse where the case is neatly wrapped up by teatime and the culprits taken away to be charged, this is real life!:suspect:

Whilst no police force is 100% perfect, if they were we wouldn't have any crime, it is totally unfair to suggest the Portuguese police are "keystone cops" particuarly as none of us have been privy to the inner workings of the Portugusese investigation or what information they have been privy too or what restrictions have been placed on them.

As to this latest evidence, well perhaps the Portugusese police may or may not be on the wrong trail, but if they have evidence that suggest that Madeleine was at some point in the vehicle that the Mccann's hired out, then you can't really expect the Potugusese police to ignore that evidence either.

I agree with you StarSparkle. I have felt very uncomfortable about this situation since the beginning. For this reason, I have refrained from commenting. However, although I am not in a position to point a finger of guilt, not least because nobody is guilty at this time, I feel that a substantial piece of wool has been pulled over the public's eyes.

i know it seems like it was a long time ago but i cant remember, was maddie actually adopted by kate and gerry - we were chatting at work like you do but nobody seemed to know

I think Maddie is an IVF child, but I could be wrong.

Yes I thought all the children were IVF.

This is all too sad....and I sincerely hope it won't turn out to be the parents, all the time, effort and money that has gone into this investigation...it just doesn't bear thinking about! Even an audience with the Pope! I know things can snowball and get out of hand..but ........

I just pray that a miracle happens and Madeline is found safe and well.

Archived