Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal (2) The press apologise.

Why shouldnt it be pointed out to them,its through their negligence that the girl is missing presumed dead,in that respect they should never be allowed to forget it,I would go as far to have the word Negligent tattooed on their forehead so they would see it every time they look in a mirror,mainly because of their holier than thou attitude in denying ALL responsibility
The idea of a tattoo is appealing bit I feel that having the twins taken from them because they're unfit followed by charges of child neglect is more appropriate.

What the police in Portugal come up with time will tell. This case becomes more interesting day by day.

Depending on what you mean, the answer is

(a) my post #606, 12 August, and

(b) Always. The NSPCC site clarifies....

I can't believe this, but it seems you are correct!

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/helpandadvice/publications/leaflets/homealone_pdf_wdf36243.pdf

I am utterly gobsmacked. Thanks for your pointer to this site RiffRaff.

It beggars belief that the law is so lax! :mad:

I can't believe this, but it seems you are correct!

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/helpandadvice/publications/leaflets/homealone_pdf_wdf36243.pdf

I am utterly gobsmacked. Thanks for your pointer to this site RiffRaff.

It beggars belief that the law is so lax! :mad:

but it is difficult to be presice .... one 12 year old could be really mature and sensible whilst the other might not be responsable enough to look after a goldfish

Yes, it does. It's an absolutely crucial in any discussion of this case. It what the whole sorry story pivots on; to what extent are they responsible for what happened given that they weren't there to look after their daughter?

It may not be comfortable for those parents who have done similar things but that's their problem. It's absolutely not right to abandon children of that age. It's neglect. And those parents who defend it are defending wilful neglect.

So I say that trying to dismiss discussion of the parents responsibility in this case is being motivated by guilt and a feeling of "there but by the grace of God go I" by other inadequate parents. To abandon children for your own selfish ends is plainly wrong, I'm not going to give you absolution or pretend otherwise.

Thats a very strange response. :huh: What makes you think that I feel guilty? Where did I suggest that it was ok to leave the children? What I did suggest was that this element of the case has been done to death - and wonder why people feel the need to go on and on about it. Its not as if everyone in the country (perhaps in the world) isn't aware that the McCann's ate dinner in a different building to the one where their children were sleeping. We know, they know, everyone knows, so why keep repeating it?

I would go as far to have the word Negligent tattooed on their forehead so they would see it every time they look in a mirror,mainly because of their holier than thou attitude in denying ALL responsibility

Don't you think its already there in invisible ink and they're the only ones who can see it!

And 3 year old + 2 year old children?

obviously thats just stupid..... its made worse by the fact that they are educated people, we expect more from the so called professionals. ... however .... arnt they paying the ultimate price for their stupidity?

I do feel so sorry for anyone who loses a child, its not the right order of things, but to lose a child under such circumstances .... and not know where they are, what happened or if they will ever be found must be like living in limbo

obviously thats just stupid..... its made worse by the fact that they are educated people, we expect more from the so called professionals. ... however .... arnt they paying the ultimate price for their stupidity?

I do feel so sorry for anyone who loses a child, its not the right order of things, but to lose a child under such circumstances .... and not know where they are, what happened or if they will ever be found must be like living in limbo

I completely agree

We know, they know, everyone knows, so why keep repeating it?
Because, as I said, it's crucial to the whole story. You can't tell the story of this case without mentioning the fact. It's relevant AND important.

You may prefer to forget this fact and I'm sure you have your reasons. For me and many others the fact that the children were left alone is central to the understanding of this case and I'll not be forgetting it or refraining from mentioning it for your benefit.

Archived