Turkish restaurants, which is good?

Alastair

• 1 month later...

Zeugma on London Rd is great and been going there since about 2001 I think.

Good food and they will alter anything to suite your preferences (I LIKE LOADS!) lol

Hmm I see 2 down sides, firstly if there's quite a few of you they get a bit confused. We once visited as a party of 9 and 3 of us didn't even receive our main meals, very bad.

Secondly they've installed a large plastic protection sheet over the BBQ area, which means as the coals sizzle and spit you don't get the backs of your hands and neck fried. I enjoyed getting ember sizzle :D must be something wrong with me.

I also enjoy the dryness of the waiter, seems he never wants to be there, dry, kinda like your typical Turk so all is good hehe.

We prefer to just go as a couple, mid afternoon when it's quiet. Yesterday we went to see HangoverII and finished it off with Zeugma which had 1 other table occupied when we arrived. We left to see people queuing at the door an hour later! Coolio.

[quote name=

I also enjoy the dryness of the waiter, seems he never wants to be there, dry, kinda like your typical Turk so all is good hehe.

[/quote]

Are you sure your waiter was Turkish? Zeugma staff aren't all Turks.

All Turks are 'dry' - how many Turks do you know ... LOL ...?

The ones in our back yard are very wet at the moment .. partly through lager and partly due to the fact they are having a bbq under the gazebo in the pouring rain .... I call that crazy not dry! :loopy:

Z.

Archived