Tasty Ales??

Guest Guest

the dev cat has a great slelection of beers but they don't look after their pumps so can taste a bit nasty.

Best pints I've found are at the Kelham Island Tavern, the Fat Cat, the New Barrack Tavern and the gardeners rest. They're not just old mans pubs either, there the favourite pubs for my crowd and we're only 25ish, they just have great beer and friendly environments

I'm Not Too Keen On The Devonshire Cat.It May Have Good Beers,But By The Time You Get Served-You Need One!

For Such A Big Pub,The Bar Size Is Miniscule,So It Takes Ages To Get Served When They're Busy.It Really Could Do With A Re-Design.

The Red Lion-Just Off Arundel Gate Is A Nice Pub.It Doesn't Tend To Attract Many Idiots On A Staturday Night And Strangely There's Quite A Lot Of Older People Go In There.I Didn't Think Old People Went Into Town On A Saturday Night 'Till I Went In There.

Easily the Rutland in town, it's permanently got seven different ales on, great snap, and a lovely beer garden.

Dev cat? Might be alright if it

A) had an atmosphere

B) They cleaned there lines occassionally

C) The staff actually knew what they served.

Dev Cat has always seemed to be a pub for people that don't like to go to pubs. Soulless.

Dev cat is great for daytime or after work drinking but is pretty horrendous on fri or sat nights, some of the staff know there beers but not all, think you find the weekend staff aren't as knowledgable as the rest

Originally posted by Longcol

KIT is OK if you like a head on your beer that disappears after a couple of sups.

Like a lot of beer exhibition pubs it's easy to get a pint that's been stood in the pipes for an hour or so.

IMHO more of a beer anoraks pub than a beer drinkers pub.

And the Cask and Cutler is one of the loppiest boozers I've seen in ages.

The beer flies out of the Kelham pumps, its never in there for hours. I agree it attracts (like most of the pubs in the area) 'Beer Tickers' and while not being my favourite boozer it is recognised as serving the best Real Ale in Yorkshire!

Originally posted by Freebird

We Went In The Cask & Cutler Once.Didn't Like The Attitude Of The Barman Who Served Us.Big Fella He Was,Had A Towel Over His Shoulder.Got All Snotty When My Mate Innocently Ask For A JD & Coke For His Wife.

Never Been Back Since.It's About Time They Got A New Sign Though,It Looks A Right Mess.

You obviously hit Happy Hour :hihi:

Originally posted by Meaks

The beer flies out of the Kelham pumps, its never in there for hours. I agree it attracts (like most of the pubs in the area) 'Beer Tickers' and while not being my favourite boozer it is recognised as serving the best Real Ale in Yorkshire!

Have to agree, I hadn't been since it opened but i've been in twice in the last month, had some cracking beer both times. Trev and Louis have done a cracking job.

Archived