Oyster Cards for Sheffield?

Although I don't use buses here, I spend enough time waiting behind them in my cab, to notice the length of time our buses are stood at stops. With the ticket buying or oyster method, the bus I went on in London only stopped for about 10 seconds at each stop. People getting on/off at 2 or 3 different entrances/exits on the bus.

I'd love to see it/or similar here.

Even the buses with one door move faster. I don't know maybe Londoners move faster naturally but it seems to me that everyone getting on a bus up here spends ages sorting out their cash or their pass. Also when I get a South Yorkshire Day Tripper ticket some drivers spend ages finding it on their machines and also reading it when I got on other services later in the day. Drivers here are sometimes really surprised when I present them with the correct money as soon as I get on and have my hand ready to grab the ticket before they have a chance to print it.

I'm Thinking "Come on let's be aving ya" or when I am having a senior moment "where's the Oyster reader then"

I am so used to getting on and touching my card as I walk past the driver that I simply adopt a similar attitude when I get on the bus here.

I wonder if this ****** people off???

I am so used to getting on and touching my card as I walk past the driver that I simply adopt a similar attitude when I get on the bus here.

I wonder if this ****** people off???

I think I probably did the opposite and annoyed the driver in London.

She gave me a stern look, as I tried to present her with the ticket that I had got simply by putting my £1.50 into a machine at the bus stop.

I think she was meaning 'shu'theegob, and gerron'

I think I probably did the opposite and annoyed the driver in London.

She gave me a stern look, as I tried to present her with the ticket that I had got simply by putting my £1.50 into a machine at the bus stop.

I think she was meaning 'shu'theegob, and gerron'

LOL. She was probably racking her brains to remember that that bit of paper was!!!

A ticket, how quaint!

No thinking about it it was more like "gerrit sooor ed" or "on ya bike"

I didn't have my online translator at hand:D :hihi:

Actually I think she was of West Indian origin I believe, could have been something slightly less southern sounding.

Either way, whatever lingo she could have spoken...... ':mad:' said it all without any words :hihi:

I didn't have my online translator at hand:D :hihi:

Actually I think she was of West Indian origin I believe, could have been something slightly less southern sounding.

Either way, whatever lingo she could have spoken...... ':mad:' said it all without any words :hihi:

ahhh well a look is worth a thousand words!:lol: :lol: :lol:

for the uninitiated the words that rhyme are considered chat in London otherwise known as "banter". Those wordds may be the only ones you hear when walking around! :lol: Especially if you are walking slowly and getting in the way of the manic Londoner!

To be honest, Greater London has a much different infrastructure to us. Turn the WHOLE area of South Yorkshire in to eff all but roads and concrete, and it's the same size. Then you have a different matter.

I lived for years as a kid in London; it's normal for people to get two buses, or a bus and a tube, or a train to get to work, or even for me, to school!

But then again, most aren't travelling from 'town to town', 'city to town' in South Yorkshire and the surroundings. As cgksheff says, we have a pass, the Travelmaster, which costs less than the Oyster anyway, for ALL public travel.

I understand the 'open' ticket point of view, but round here, I just don't see the point.