Henry street netherthorpe

hi does any one have fond memories of henry street and meadow street perhaps you or your parents might remember fred and dolly who had 6lads there dad was on the committee at st philips club some names my dad remember living on there are jimmy peacock with his horse and cart the nickleson family my grand parents house was facing the iron duke(urinal)would be nice to hear any stories about this area.

hi does any one have fond memories of henry street and meadow street perhaps you or your parents might remember fred and dolly who had 6lads there dad was on the committee at st philips club some names my dad remember living on there are jimmy peacock with his horse and cart the nickleson family my grand parents house was facing the iron duke(urinal)would be nice to hear any stories about this area.

i used to live on kelvin and knock around there but not being funny but think your on about before my time :D :D

i remember the area well loved it

i used to live on kelvin and knock around there but not being funny but think your on about before my time :D :D

i remember the area well loved it

yes iam on about the 50s and early 6os great times my grandma and granddad and my dad had living on there thanks for the pm.:|

• 2 years later...

I may be a bit late with this reply I only recently discovered this forum . I think the family you refer to was the wards , they lived I think in the same yard as Jimmy Peacock or at least close by . The family were the Wards , I remember Alf , Fred , Ray , Jackie & Clifford

there was an older brother who moved away but I can`t recall his name . Fred & Alf married two of my moms sisters ( Mabel & Joyce ) , Fred , Alf & Clifford have all died I don`t know about the others , Freds wife is still alive & his children & grand children all live in the Manor area . Alfs daughter lives in mosborough & he has a son in Scotland .

My father and grandparents lived at the bottom corner house on Henry St as caretakers, this would be before/during the war. My father's car was destroyed by a German bomb nearby, I think it was from the same stick of bombs that destroyed St Philip's Church.

Archived