Help, searching for my old songs..

This is a very long shot, and I dont hold out much hope but here goes...

back in the early 90's I sang in a band called 2 til 10, which became 2:10 ( pretentious? well it were'nt my idea :hihi:)

anyway, we made a few demo tapes which we sold at gigs, and in my idiocy I didnt hang on to any for myself, so this is an appeal, to anyone who remembers us and our particular brand of gobby indie noise, if you did buy a 2 til 10 tape, please get in touch, I would love to get a copy, or if you can bear to part with them I will happily buy them from you.

cheers

Shaun

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm resurrecting this old thread and freshly appealing to anyone who might remember 2 til 10, may have seen us at the Hallamshire, Leadmill, or anywhere else around town.

In my awesome stupidity I never hung on to our old demo tapes, and if anyone out there has any knocking around in a box, attic or drawer somewhere I would love to hear them again, and hopefully transfer them to a digital medium as soon as possible.

sorry dude i cant help, 2:10 went right over my head tbh, never heard of you/them.

but i hope you find some, i myself have given a couple of old sheffield musicians a demo / photos that they never had themselves and were really really happy to receive after all these years.

if you DO get them from somebody do you think itd be ok to stick em on my sheffield punk, metal, indie bands site for others to hear?

ill stick a thread on there asking for em if you want, never know, all the help

yeah I'd be honoured, we never really did the whole scene thing, we only ever wanted to please ourselves and those who came to see us, and whether that was a roomful at the hallamshire, or 3 men and a dog at the dinnington squirrel, we always had a laugh.

• 5 years later...

Hi koenigsinger.

I have just been clearing through some old stuff and found a cassette tape from your band with two tracks on it... I remember buying it at a gig in Sheffield many, many years ago.

Can't say if the tape plays or not as I don't have a tape player anymore, but drop me a message if you are still interested?

Hi koenigsinger.

I have just been clearing through some old stuff and found a cassette tape from your band with two tracks on it... I remember buying it at a gig in Sheffield many, many years ago.

Can't say if the tape plays or not as I don't have a tape player anymore, but drop me a message if you are still interested?

RESULT - even though it took 6 years :cool: The OP hasn't posted for over 3 years so don't expect his unbridled joy to grace this forum anytime soon :D

RESULT - even though it took 6 years :cool: The OP hasn't posted for over 3 years so don't expect his unbridled joy to grace this forum anytime soon :D

It's worth a shot...

Found the tape out and then thought I would try a quick search to see if the band was still going (or changed their name) which led me here.

Still, you never know! :)

Archived