Thinking of fostering

what a load of twoddle ...

Im not a foster carer but both my brothers were brought to my parents house (who were foster carers) in the middle of the night as emergency cases .... both children were in a terrible. The mother (who has 7 children all in care) was schizophrenic and had left the children to fend for themselves, the eldest (2 yrs) was scrounging through the rubbish bins finding food for himself, the youngest (1) was left in his cot ... so dehydrated he needed urgent medical attention .... after staying with my family for 6 weeks, both children were placed up for adoption, and as they had become part of the family ... were adopted by my parents, that was over 20 years ago.

I am now a social worker ( I don’t work in childrens services now … simply because I found the abuse that the children were suffering from their parents far too much to cope with and there fore moved into adult services) …. I admit, there has been some terrible decisions made by social workers, however I would stake my life on it that 99% of children NEED to be removed from home for their own safety … before they die at the hands of abusive parents.

Twoddle?

Typical arrogant Social worker.

Were you at my house when i got first hand experience of the way ss work?

No, so get over yourself.

Am I wrong to want to adopt a child then?

If its what you want to do then go for it but be warned, social services are not the caring 'service' they try to make out they are. Its full of incompetence and spite. And when they make a mistake (which happens far too often) its the birth parents and the kids that suffer.

Good luck:)

Twoddle?

You've stolen my lines! Off course state intervention is necessary in some cases to prevent parental abuses, but the way some of these social workers go about thinking they know it all is despicable. Often they’re so quick to judge other people when they hardly know F all about them.

Surely something needs to be done about it.

Twoddle?

Were you at my house when i got first hand experience of the way ss work?

No, so get over yourself.

I wouldnt dream of commenting on your case as i wasnt there and have no records to read etc. but if you have been victimised, why didnt you get a solicitor .... involve the media etc? ... I am certain if anyone tried to sully my name and remove my children i would have kicked up a stink so great, they'd have whiffed it on the other side of the channel.

I wouldnt dream of commenting on your case as i wasnt there and have no records to read etc. but if you have been victimised, why didnt you get a solicitor .... involve the media etc? ... I am certain if anyone tried to sully my name and remove my children i would have kicked up a stink so great, they'd have whiffed it on the other side of the channel.

Its never that easy is it?

All we could think about was to get our boy back and the subtle 'threats' made our position very clear.

Social services is a dog with flees and unfortunatly its alowed to roam freely causing heartache to anyone it comes in contact with.

If you want to be a foster carer because you genuinely love children and want the best for them then go for it, some foster carers out there are purely in it for the money as it is very well paid which is a shame.

Dont let these people put you off fostering because there are just as many genuine cases out there where children are in danger and need a safe caring home.

I have always said that if I had a larger house I would become a foster carer :)

You've stolen my lines! Off course state intervention is necessary in some cases to prevent parental abuses, but the way some of these social workers go about thinking they know it all is despicable. Often they’re so quick to judge other people when they hardly know F all about them.

Surely something needs to be done about it.

I agree 100%

If you want to be a foster carer because you genuinely love children and want the best for them then go for it, some foster carers out there are purely in it for the money as it is very well paid which is a shame.

Dont let these people put you off fostering because there are just as many genuine cases out there where children are in danger and need a safe caring home.

I have always said that if I had a larger house I would become a foster carer :)

'These people' as you put it are usualy caring loving parents who have been treated in the worst possible way by little hitlers on a power trip.

And when there are kids really do need saving from bad parents they are usualy overlooked because the SS (rather apt dont you think?) are to busy making decent peoples lives a living hell.

Archived