Thinking of fostering

How many times have social workers been slated on this forum??? its countless, i am not in a position to point the finger and judge people, and i am sure that mistakes have been made ... on a very rare occasion, but lets face the facts .... ss remove children that are deemed .... by strong evidence that they are in danger.

I have attended many case conferences where a wide variety of professionals (the childs, health visitor, the GP, the teacher, the nursery nurse, the SENCO .. when needed, the CPO etc) have attended all in the best welfare of the child, i have seen children live in filth ... neglected by parents, where they have been given 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances ... and still money and resources are still thrown at them to keep the families together .... all to no avail, so please dont spout your own personal story and presume all cases are the same.

Lets face it , no one would come online, hold their hands up and say … “it’s a fair cop, I’m a child abuser” would they? … no one is ever guilty!

I agree 100%

'These people' as you put it are usualy caring loving parents who have been treated in the worst possible way by little hitlers on a power trip.

And when there are kids really do need saving from bad parents they are usualy overlooked because the SS (rather apt dont you think?) are to busy making decent peoples lives a living hell.

I didnt say they are not caring loving parents, I just wanted to get across that there are genuine cases out there where the parents have neglected there children and a foster home is the best solution for certain cases. Im not defending ss in any way shape or form as I also know that a lot of what you are saying does go on and it is sad and unfair but the op should not be put off from doing a job that could potentially save a lot of needy children out there.

How many times have social workers been slated on this forum??? its countless, i am not in a position to point the finger and judge people, and i am sure that mistakes have been made ... on a very rare occasion, but lets face the facts .... ss remove children that are deemed .... by strong evidence that they are in danger.

I have attended many case conferences where a wide variety of professionals (the childs, health visitor, the GP, the teacher, the nursery nurse, the SENCO .. when needed, the CPO etc) have attended all in the best welfare of the child, i have seen children live in filth ... neglected by parents, where they have been given 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances ... and still money and resources are still thrown at them to keep the families together .... all to no avail, so please dont spout your own personal story and presume all cases are the same.

Lets face it , no one would come online, hold their hands up and say … “it’s a fair cop, I’m a child abuser” would they? … no one is ever guilty!

Erm, I am not even a parent :huh: so you've made an ASSUMPTION there (surprise suprise!). I've worked along with social workers and thus I'm speaking from experience love. Most social workers I've come across are extremely arrogant and do their utmost best to make 2+2 =10.

I didnt say they are not caring loving parents, I just wanted to get across that there are genuine cases out there where the parents have neglected there children and a foster home is the best solution for certain cases. Im not defending ss in any way shape or form as I also know that a lot of what you are saying does go on and it is sad and unfair but the op should not be put off from doing a job that could potentially save a lot of needy children out there.

I agree, the OP should be encouraged as it would a wonderful act of human generosity.

I wonder why? :huh:

and very tiresome

hand on my heart, i have never seen shoddy practice take place, if i had, i would have shouted from the roof tops, i have seen ss bend over backwards to try to engage parents into keeping their children .... in some cases i would not have hessitated in instant removal, honestly some children are so badly neglected if they were dogs, the RSPCA would have banned them from keeping animals for life, but no, with children they are given every opportunity.

children are a gift to be treasured.

Erm, I am not even a parent :huh: so you've made an ASSUMPTION there (surprise suprise!). I've worked along with social workers and thus I'm speaking from experience love. Most social workers I've come across are extremely arrogant and do their utmost best to make 2+2 =10.

I wasnt addressing you

It might be good to hear some first hand views from people who were fostered as children, either rightly or wrongly? I can't argue for or against social services, I've never been involved with them, either as a worker or a client. I can however argue for children like the ones found in the house in Wincobank, neglected and starving, and living in filth. Those (5) children I believe are now in decent homes, being cared for by foster parents.

To the people who are coming up with all the negatives about fostering, what should happen in cases like this?

It might be good to hear some first hand views from people who were fostered as children, either rightly or wrongly? I can't argue for or against social services, I've never been involved with them, either as a worker or a client. I can however argue for children like the ones found in the house in Wincobank, neglected and starving, and living in filth. Those (5) children I believe are now in decent homes, being cared for by foster parents.

To the people who are coming up with all the negatives about fostering, what should happen in cases like this?

In such case as described above, the answer is pretty obvious which is to put those poor children into foster care. Any rational being would say that. But you know the issue is not about foster care, the issue is about incompetent social workers who are only too happy to snatch people’s child/ren away often without much reason at all. The consequence is devastating for all concerned except ss.

In such case as described above, the answer is pretty obvious which is to put those poor children into foster care. Any rational being would say that. But you know the issue is not about foster care, the issue is about incompetent social workers who are only too happy to snatch people’s child/ren away often without much reason at all.

Actually the issue is about foster care - thats what the OP started the thread for. She wanted information and opinions about the pros and cons of fostering.

Archived