Norfolk Arms Hotel - Ringinglow?

TONY C

• 1 year later...

Don't mean to sound negative but we've been to the Norfolk Arms Hotel twice for lunch and both times the service was below average. The first time we went was just after the re-opening last summer. It took 50 min and 2 complaints to bring our food out. Several waiters were mingling around the bar obviously not knowing what to do. To be fair, once the food arrived it was actually very tasty.

Decided to give them another try yesterday. The pub was half-empty around 1pm on a Saturday. My salad arrived fairly quickly. However the burger ordered would not appear and after 15 min my fiancee had to walk to the bar and complain. We did get an apology and offer for a complimentary dessert. The burger came with a side of chips and we were also given a spare bowl of chips -obviously the waiting staff didn't know their own menu.

Needless to say we are not intending to go back to the Norfolk Arms Hotel for quite some time. Excellent food experience ruined by inept waiting service.

Don't mean to sound negative but we've been to the Norfolk Arms Hotel twice for lunch and both times the service was below average. The first time we went was just after the re-opening last summer. It took 50 min and 2 complaints to bring our food out. Several waiters were mingling around the bar obviously not knowing what to do. To be fair, once the food arrived it was actually very tasty.

Decided to give them another try yesterday. The pub was half-empty around 1pm on a Saturday. My salad arrived fairly quickly. However the burger ordered would not appear and after 15 min my fiancee had to walk to the bar and complain. We did get an apology and offer for a complimentary dessert. The burger came with a side of chips and we were also given a spare bowl of chips -obviously the waiting staff didn't know their own menu.

Needless to say we are not intending to go back to the Norfolk Arms Hotel for quite some time. Excellent food experience ruined by inept waiting service.

Seems to be more and more common these days in sheffield.

Good food ruined by inept staff who don't know what they are doing.

Its a bit of pot luck if you get served quickly or not !

• 3 weeks later...

As the new manager of The Norfolk Arms Hotel I am very disappointed to hear about the experience had by the couple dining with us on Saturday the 6.06.08 and would like to apologise on behalf of all of us here at The Norfolk Hotel. This is not at all acceptable and I thank you for your comments, I will be looking into this.

As new management we have set very high standards for all our team, food, accommodation

and business as a whole. Understandably, some of these processes do take longer than others and with that we are pushing forward to achieve the standards set.

We are busy re-designing the Hotel bar and restaurant menu and are in the process of developing our grounds up to the standards we require.

i think maybe some people on here should recognise the fact that bar staff are paid an absolute pittance......sometimes not even the minimum wage. it is very difficult in these circumstances to be absolutely brilliant 24/7........how would some of you react to being paid so poorly for such long, unsocial hours??

i think maybe some people on here should recognise the fact that bar staff are paid an absolute pittance......sometimes not even the minimum wage. it is very difficult in these circumstances to be absolutely brilliant 24/7........how would some of you react to being paid so poorly for such long, unsocial hours??

I would steal from the till and spit in the food..

;)

We have been about four times for Sunday lunch. The first time was fantastic the following two times were above average however, the last time we went the food was disappointing. The service is usually very good in my opinion and I think it will be loverly when it is sunny evening on the decking. I think that the last time we went it was just a bad day.

We went recently and were very disapointed,I asked for my steak rare and it came cremated,I had to go to the bar to complain ,after trying unsuccessfully to catch the waitresses eye.Then I had to wait 15 minutes for a new one to arrive by which time my partner had finished his meal.The least they could have done was offer to keep his meal warm until mine was ready although I think the 15 minute wait for a rare steak was unnaceptable.When it arrived it was fatty and stringy ,I complained but the waiter said that it was the last steak.Wouldnt go again!No bill reduction either!

Archived