Norfolk Arms Hotel - Ringinglow?

TONY C

Interesting fullcrumb.

When The Norfolk reopened after their major refurb, my wife and I booked a room in order to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Friends of ours had also planned to book a room as they were travelling over and the plan was to have a meal with around 6 or 8 friends of our friends.

We told this to the manager at the time of booking and he showed us the room. Work was still on-going but we were happy and so booked it and also booked the restaurant for that evening (which was about a week away).

However, toward the date in question, we heard a rumour that the restaurant was actually closed so we phoned to enquire. Much to our surprise, the restaurant was closed but we were told the team at the Norfolk could 'russle up some food for us, maybe a snack in the bar.' As you would, we cancelled forthwith and mentioned that it would have been nice to at least be told that the restaurant would be closed on the evening we had booked for.

But the overall impression from the manager was one of not caring less. His loss, because when we celebrate with our friends we spend as much as we wish. Accommodation and drinks could easily have surpassed the £1,000 mark.

Needless to say, I haven't stepped foot in the place since.

Roziedog - maybe you had a lucky escape.

Obviously the management (if that be the correct term) is utterly clueless and treats their customers (including potential customers) with contempt and disregard.

In the present climate, turning down custom might hasten the demise and closure of the business.

Shambolic treatment, n'est pas?

• 2 months later...
I read in the Telegraph last week that the owners have put new management in at the begining of November. Sounds like it was needed! Anyone been up there since? The article mentioned "traditional values" and "reasonably priced local food".

4 posts. 3 about The Norfolk Arms at Ringinglow and 1 about Mayfield Alpacas, who coinsidenlty also own the Norflok Arms.:suspect:

The management that is, not the alpacas.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived