Kennings, Leadmill Rd

Didn't work there but used it mid 60s best garage and dealership ever . Employees knew what they were doing and parts dept was the best.

Didn't work at Kennings, I worked next door at Autoways parts department, great times.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I worked at Leadmill Road from 1967 to 1977.

Started as an apprentice mechanic and ended up in the warranty dept

On 09/11/2017 at 08:40, DerbyTup said:

A friend of mine worked there as a salesman. Eric Treweek. Sadly he died after years of suffering with Alzheimer's, about 3 or 4 years ago.

I remember Eric Trewick when I was there, he was a nice man, always a friendly word.

Edited by 1967-77

• 4 months later...
On 29/04/2021 at 10:11, 1967-77 said:

I worked at Leadmill Road from 1967 to 1977.

Started as an apprentice mechanic and ended up in the warranty dept

I remember Eric Trewick when I was there, he was a nice man, always a friendly word.

Hello I'm Caroline and I started at Leadmill Road in 1973 in the typing pool. Loved it. Eric Treweek was a lovely man! Other salesmen that I remember were Rodney Smith, Ken Watson, David Mallender (I think). Mr Baum was the General Manager. What is your name, probably can remember you? 🙄 

On 07/11/2017 at 12:15, HandsworthB said:

Started there in 79 and served an apprenticeship, I think 'we' 4 in total were the last apprentices taken on at Leadmill rd.

Hello just seen your comment. I'm Caroline and I started in the typing pool in 1973 then became secretary to the service manager, so I must know you! I used to sort out the training courses for the apprenticeships and I think you're right about being the last apprentices that were taken on. We moved to Tenter Street in 1982. Did you work there? What is your name and what were the other apprentices' names that you remember. ☺ 

My first serious girlfriends father worked at Kenning around 1960/62 - Percy Whiteley lived on Ben Lane, Wisweood. probably aged around 60 at that time

Worked in the service dept. but would be doing paperwork in office and checking in the actual works side

Best Wishes to Sheffield Forum - Victor - Malaysia

• 1 year later...