Ripoff Casbah

Carborundum

Why is the Casbah so expensive for a mediocre place like it in town. I bought a pint of insipid flat Carling there last night (Friday) and they charged me £2.90 ! I would not even pay those prices in London.

Then after I drunk it in disgust I went next door to the Cutler (was Bar Coast) - what a contrast - wherease the Casbah was empty and no atmosphere bar a few punk/goth types, the Cutler was "throbbing" with music, people and fun AND they had a 2 for 1 offer where for £2.10 I got TWO pints of better Carling !

Somehow I dont think the Casbah is going to last much longer if they rip-off customers like that !

Originally posted by ianmitchell

it's only real selling point is it's late license

and possibly the stunningly beautiful ravishing women who frequent the venue at weekends!!! Well, I may be SLIGHTLY exaggerating.....

what is their weekend music policy now, not been for several months. Is it still rock based or has it changed?

Casbah is still the only place that has ever refused me entry. a year ago I think, was 23, had .long hair and a beard, was wearing combat trousers, Tshirt and boots. First they said no trainers, said I'm not weariung trainers, then they said no sprtswear, I said I ain't wearing sportswear. Then they said well you just ain't coming in. I pointed to the big sign behind them saying no dress code, they ignored me. This was for a rock night too. Think the only rockers they allow in these days are trendy lads with spiky hair. It's a naff place anyway

Maybe they are being socially responsible and charging high beer prices to discourage drunkeness.

Or maybe it's supply and demand. If their bar is full and the punters will pay the prices then why not charge them..

I suspect the latter. :)

Well their socially responsible policy is working a treat - the place was empty at 9pm on a friday night bar 2 people - there were actually about 5 people behind the bar so the bar people outnumbered the customers - no wonder they could afford them with those prices - wow Sheffield has found a new policy to create employment ...

And another thing while I am th esubject of the Casbah - excuse me for repeating it again if I have mentioned it in another thread - downstairs music nights - very bad accoustics - ear defening after 2 different nights there my ears were ringing for 2 days after ...

So if you dont go to the Casbah your ears and your wallet will be happy !

Archived