Dont listen to my conversation!

lol...

Actually, I do agree with the OP myself. Cos I'm like that too. Even though it *seemed* sociable to some, there's a time and place for things!

If you see someone absorbed into their reading or whatever, do you butt in and distract them?

Sometimes you know someone's been listening to your conversation or your jokes, and you know that when you see them smile too. It's that kind of subtle acknowledgement which is nice.

I had a run in with a group of American backpackers on a train in Monaco, South of France.

They we just being rude to the locals and talking about how they smelt. However, no one French in the carriage spoke English, so they thought it was ' open season '.

However, I am English and listened to every word. At the point where I couldn't stand it any longer, I walked over and gave them my mind.

It was along the line of ' very few of your compatriots have passports but they have unfortunately issued them to you, you ignoramus's. Get some respect '

Jaws hit the floor. But I was happy.

Why am I always in the wrong place at the wrong time. Marvellous!!! Only wish I had seen their faces.

Archived